VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All i know about this card is that it loads first than windows on the hard drive that was connected to this card. It was used in a busyness Siemens PC.

All i know is that it uses an PLX 9052 chip and that windows recognizes it on startup. It cant fit into my dell perfectly since its higher, but when i remove the metal plate it fits.

What the heck is this thing?
(its IDE not SCSI, dont mind the file name)

Reply 1 of 15, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd assume that's probably an interface card for some piece of test/measurement equipment... that seems to be what ABI Electronics primarily deals in.

Reply 2 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, well, knowing that an HDD was connected to it i thought it was some sort of IO accelerator or something.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54462712/Junk/SDC12065crop.jpg

Here is an additional image, it has a RAM chip on it.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 3 of 15, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Upon closer inspection, I honestly can't come up with any good idea what it's for. It's obviously an IDE card of some sort, but it's not a standard kind. There are all sorts of test points related to ATA signals, plus there's the external port. About the only thing I can think of is that it may be intended for testing/analysis of IDE drives.

Are there any markings on the back of the card?

Reply 4 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The back of the card is completely blank, no stickers no nothing.

I can tell you what does it say on the chips, here is an image i edited in paint:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54462712/Junk/Untitled.jpg

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 5 of 15, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It seems the PLX 9052 chip is just an ISA->PCI bridge, probably that is a controller card based on an ISA design then updated to be used in newer pcs.
The M29F010B is a 1mbit flash rom chip, CY621288LL is 128kb sram and the Zilog chip is a comms controller. The big Cosel part is a DC/DC converter.
This is probably a point-of-sales interface card or something... pretty much useless.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Buvljak 🤣

Yeah i sure do 😀
Ahh well, i thought it was something interesting... Guess its time to put it on ebay and put a price of >100$ or something 😁

Reply 8 of 15, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ahh well, i thought it was something interesting...

Well, it is something interesting. We haven't a bloody clue what the hell it is, but it's interesting nonetheless. 🤣

Reply 12 of 15, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The most you'll probably get from Windows is the device ID, which I doubt would be particularly useful for such an obscure piece of hardware. You could look anyway, if you want... in device manager, right click the device and go to properties, it'll be under the 'Details' tab, choose 'Device Instance ID' from the drop down menu and look at the string that shows in the box underneath, it'll be something like, "PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx" followed by a bunch of other stuff. Plug the "VEN_xxxx" and "DEV_xxxx" codes into Google and see if anything turns up.

Reply 13 of 15, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since i didn't want to start a new topic,i'll post here,hope the 1 who started this post wont mind.
Can anyone tell me what this is http://www.okazii.ro/componente-computere/ada … -isa-a119371839 and is that an amd chip on it?

Reply 14 of 15, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's some sort of communications coprocessor for high speed x.21/RS422 serial. Yes, there's an AMD chip on it, but if I'm making out the part number correctly it's a 256 macrocell Mach5-series CPLD.

Basically, unless you're setting up a factory automation system or something, the card won't be of any use to you.