VOGONS

First post, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi.

I acquired a Gravis Phoenix stick, but I can't find the DOS drivers anywhere in the net.

Can someone help me with this? Maybe take some floppy images from yours and send them to me, please?

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 1 of 7, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is all i have for it. Please give it a try.

Attachments

• Filename
    Gravis Phoenix.7z
    File size
    716.63 KiB
    Downloads
    220 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 7, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Obrigado! 😉

I'll give it a try.

Any chance for a User's Manual?

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 3 of 7, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't have the manual, but i do have the old days FAQ. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Filename
    Phoenix.txt
    File size
    26.27 KiB
    Downloads
    314 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 7, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

SPR you're a life saviour!

I actually installed the DOS software and configuring the joystick is quite straight forward. I though it would be something like the FLCS!

Unfortunately, I found out that the "soft" buttons are a bit non-functional, that is, I need to press them hard to make them work! 🙁

Apart from that, the joystick seems ok.

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

Reply 5 of 7, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Any tips to revive the rubber buttons?

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

Reply 7 of 7, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I sprayed some graphite on the contacts and that seemed to do the trick!

But only in the buttons on the joystick. The ones on the base, seem more troublesome, i.e., more screws to unscrew, possibility of tension springs jumping about, etc...

Cheers,
Rita Graça.