VOGONS

First post, by oustking

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello friends,my HP EV06 laptop stopped charging its bttery about an year ago and still im using my laptop when its pluged in.(if i forgot to plug in it will shut down in few SECONDS)
so i want to know is it safe to use my laptop every day with non recharging battery?(however i have used it everyday for an year with this problem by plugging it until i use).

secondly what is best and worth? replace a battery now or buy a new laptop?what do you recomend?
pls help me,all answers are appreciated!!
thanks

Edit by qbix: Removed link to shop. You aren't a spammer are you ?

yustking

Reply 1 of 2, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Check on amazon for a replacement battery and they are not expensive. If the battery is dead then no big deal but if the charging circuit is then a new battery won't solve anything but a $20-40 dive for a possible fix is worth it.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 2, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like Amazon prices for replacement batteries start at under $18. If your laptop still suits your needs, there's no reason to not buy a replacement battery if you need a working one.

It's as safe to use a laptop with no battery as it is to use a desktop without an uninterruptable power supply (i.e., it works fine as long as you don't lose AC power!).