VOGONS

First post, by Magnuz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to say this site is just plain Awesome! So many retrolicious
details and information not available elsewhere. After visiting here, I have
forked out enuf money hunting for childhood retro items to buy a brand new quad core system.

1st of all, VOGONS Vintage Driver Library is almost hidden and not accessible via the main page. I spent a good 15mins before I found it.
Would be good if it is given a category of its own, accessible only to registered members via the front page.

2nd, I have a sizeable collection of sound fonts, old drivers and would
like to make it freely available to all members here. Can we have a sub category dedicated exclusively to sound fonts under Soundcard Drivers column? Cause the way I see it, some drivers and resources appear to be spewened all over the various threads everywhere.

I would welcome any feedbacks and suggestions on the above.

Thanks for reading.

Reply 1 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually, the VOGONS Drivers is not part the VOGONS forum It was started by a VOGONS forum member, but uses a matching theme. While you could call it a companion site, it is a separate entity.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 6, by Magnuz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to contribute what I have to the vintage driver library.

I tried logging on with the Id/Pass from here, but it does not work.
How can I regsiter or get in touch with the Admin of that site for uploads?

Reply 6 of 6, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Actually we had a discussion here regarding the Drivers Thread some time back. Finally, the administrators/moderators and members came to an unofficial understanding and agreement that we will NOT make a separate thread or host them in this site due to some reasons and it's better not to trouble the admins/mods with an additional issue. (I think this standing will hold true for the upcoming new Vogons website too.)

The www.vogonsdrivers.com is started and maintained by SquallStrife. You can PM him if you want to contribute. He will send you a PM with your username and password. The instructions on uploading are on that website itself.

So don't be discouraged. If someone asks for the drivers here, there will be many members willing to direct them to VogonsDrivers or to other sources (most often, directly to the specific driver in question).

In the meantime, contact SquallStrife. 😀

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers