VOGONS

First post, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guys, help!! 😢 I installed Virtual PC 5.2 here, and them DOS 6.22. Sad news is that I can't put my cdrom to work here... If I boot it with Win98 cd it's ok, but on DOS itself no way... What the heck is going on here?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 1 of 4, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, I got it. Just added the following on config.sys:
LASTDRV=Z
Virtual PC is weird... and the sound blaster emulation sux on it... I don't know if there's anything wrong, but MIDI sound is all distorced and crap....

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 3 of 4, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know how to install the update additions on DOS? i click in the button with the VPC cd on drive, but nothing happens

Reply 4 of 4, by Maal656

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The update additions for DOS are included in a "floppy-disk image". So, you only have to drag the file to the floppy-disk icon located on the bottom of Virtual-PC window.

In this moment is like if you had a "real" floppy-disk inserted in your computer. So, just type "a:", make a "dir", and execute the program which installs the additions.