VOGONS

Reply 180 of 380, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

[OT]
Nucleoprotein, can you build Mesa too with MSVS 2015?
I'm really interested in lastest LLVMPipe (no release yet on MSYS2 archive/repository) and OpenSWR driver for Gallium3D 😁

A dedicated thread would be great!
[/OT]

Reply 181 of 380, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nucleoprotein wrote:

Well I have successfully build it under VS2015 today (if somebody wants it: http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/1yi1qkDj/file.html), binary is 151KB (stripped, static CRT) and in in most cases smaller code == faster code, but I think this is because of different CRT, GCC runtime on Win32 is bloated. About assembly in openal-soft, there is none, only SSE -compiler- intrinsic, dunno if generated code is exactly same.

OpenAL 64 bit build is missing :p
Can you include it in the next version of your package?

Reply 182 of 380, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

So for eax games, game mode is essential or not? And "Enable Eax Effects" is also need to be turned on in Audio Control Panel? Or its just volume for eax effects?

https://web.archive.org/web/20101130223053/ht … ative-x-fi.html

psychz wrote:

My question is, is the Creative X-Fi MB3 software actually worth buying? Does it really offer positional audio in recent games, when in use with an onboard Realtek and two speakers? Been thinking about this for a while, have never actually tried any audio enhancer, except possibly for some casual EAX gaming with an Audigy2ZS back in the day...

By default it sucks (I mean, it still gives you the best DS3D restoration out of there, but it's still a half-scam).
Once you follow instructions here though, if you are really into audio it's worth imo.

ps: MB5 should have been released some time ago

Last edited by mirh on 2019-07-14, 13:00. Edited 1 time in total.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 183 of 380, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I see... However MB5 appears to only have been released to OEMs as of yet, so my only chance to get it is together with hacked Realtek drivers, which apparently include Creative's package. So, is it safe to assume that the output naming convention has been taken care of by means of altered INFs etc, as in: 1. install "fixed" realteks, 2. install the mb5 bundled together, 3. make the KGAs, 4. surround joy? 😁

edit: Now I kinda get it, from what I gather I have to fix the output name and hunt down a proper and recent sens_oal.dll to use as ct_oal.dll in system32/syswow64, like from the EVO Wireless driverpack, and that's all, is that right?

edit 2: ...or do I have to get 3DSoundBack and use rtk_oal.dll ? 😕 Probably not, since MST said that Creative's HOAL is completely software-based, so I have to follow the steps in the first edit?

edit 3: Argh... MB5 has HOAL 2.02.90 included?! Is anything mentioned in the edits actually needed (possibly the sens_oal->ct_oal rename and placement) or am I thinking too much into it?

Sorry for the editspam... 😜

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 185 of 380, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Eventually went the altered Realtek 6.0.1.7879+XMB5 1.00.16 route. sens_oal.dll got installed too, file version is 2.2.20.3090. After renaming sens_oal.dll->ct_oal.dll, I got "Using Native OpenAL Renderer" in dsoundlog.txt instead of "Using Creative Software 3D Library" so I'm supposedly ready to go? RightMark3DSound works, sees up to EAX 5.0 when wrapped with ALchemy, and I didn't have to rename any headphone/speaker output.
BTW XMB5's effects don't play nicely in full-frequency spectrum electronic music like psytrance, except perhaps a tiiiiny bit of crystallizer and some bass boost, then again such busy mixes are already mastered/compressed to death... 😵

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 187 of 380, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haha yeah, especially after the success of the Patterson/Astrix "Shadows" track, it appears that eurotrance lately is migrating more and more psytrance elements-basslines-stabs...

Stojke wrote:

Reply 188 of 380, by Mr.Lolendo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Full-ON 😁
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8oC2dGl-Og
old classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVKd76a5So
...when you will go to sleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVimwGTo38w

or Bamboo Forest

Reply 189 of 380, by Valet2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't know I'll encounter this problem...

I have a Realtek codec in asus p5q pro. I had alchemy fully working, without mb3 driver - just installed the laterst (of 2015 i think) version of alchemy - that's all.

Now my system harddrive crashed, i had to reinstall it all again. Just put a fresh install of Win7-64, with all updates. And the newest Realtek HD driver (later I tried old ones too). So, every Alchemy version I've tried refused to run. Said "audio device not detected".

I even tried those mb2 and mb3 packs, removed everything, tried universal alchemy, but no luck.

What the hell is going on?

--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Reply 191 of 380, by Valet2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a lot! Will try that. All I wanted is to play original WON Half-Life with add-ons in stereo-3d (via gldirect wrapper), with a proper widescreen resolution, 32 bit rendering, and surround sound with eax. Something I didn't have back then.

It worked like a charm list time I've tested, until the ssd died.

Well, I've managed to install Alchemy Universal - it wouldn't install in a normal way, had to unpack and replace the files from a bin.cab archive. Now it's working, I could add dsound to HL, and it's in 5.1 with something like eax (various echo, muffled sound under water).

If the original ALchemy requires a real soundblaster card, which would you recommend to buy?

--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Reply 192 of 380, by mudlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just was wondering, anyone know a good video game that works with dgVoodoo2 and supports EAX?
I wouldn't mind doing some debugging on Alchemy and doing some digging and want to know a good enough title to test Alchemy on.
Mainly interested in dgVoodoo2 usage since that supports forcing games into windowed mode for better debugging (since I don't have a second monitor).

Reply 194 of 380, by Andoi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone!

This has been a very interesting topic so far. Just some days ago I realized that my old games didn't have EAX anymore. The following research led me to this place. 😀

I followed the instructions in Click4dylan's post using his linked package. I took all steps:

• Renamed my default audio device to contain "X-Fi" (I have Realtek ALC269 onboard sound on a Samsung laptop).
  • Installed HOAL.
  • Copied ct_oal.dll to both System32 and SysWOW64 folders.
  • Generated keys, copied them to the Creative folder.
  • Installed ALchemy (step 7 was not necessary).

Problem then was that I could not start the ALchemy program. It said the needed device was not found. So I followed step 8 and copied the "ALchemy fix" files to the ALchemy folder. Still no luck.
But before giving up I directly copied the "fixed" dsound.dll to my game folder (Diablo 2 in this case) and started the game. Good thing: I could activate EAX effects and could also hear them. 😀 That's already much better than before. However the dsoundlog.txt file contained the following:

Logging Time : 10/8/2016 at 21:59:15

Native Device not default

Using Creative Software 3D Library

Which from what I read is not optimal. So I tried MST's approach with the OpenAL Soft DLL (including replacing all occurences of "OpenAL Soft" with "OpenAL X-Fi" with a hex editor). However this only got me "Using Creative Software 3D Library" in the log file - without "Native Device not default".

So here I am now having EAX working again under Win7 (at last!), but not perfectly. It took me a whole day to get to this point and I'm about to call it done. However if anybody has an idea about what I did wrong (ALchemy not starting, no "native device" in the log) then I'd like to hear from you. 😀

Reply 195 of 380, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mudlord wrote:

Mainly interested in dgVoodoo2 usage since that supports forcing games into windowed mode for better debugging

You can use DxWnd.
And besides, I don't think over a decade, no EAX game could ever be supposed to natively support windowed mode.

@Andoi
Are you using this?

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 196 of 380, by Andoi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mirh wrote:

@Andoi
Are you using this?

I was using the version which was supplied in the package, which was version 1.45.06. Now I installed 1.45.10, but still the error "audio device required by this application is not detected". Any further ideas?

Reply 197 of 380, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Andoi wrote:
mirh wrote:

@Andoi
Are you using this?

I was using the version which was supplied in the package, which was version 1.45.06. Now I installed 1.45.10, but still the error "audio device required by this application is not detected". Any further ideas?

I posted how to hack this version few pages ago, but is DIY hex edit, I do not redistribute any files.

Anyone know how to enable EAX in free Spliter Cell from Uplay ?

Reply 198 of 380, by Andoi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:

I posted how to hack this version few pages ago, but is DIY hex edit, I do not redistribute any files.

If you mean this post:
I downloaded the driver with the given name and patched the dsound.dll (version 2.4.2.10 from my ALchemy) and both Sens_oal.dll files (from the driver package). Also copied and renamed them to ct_oal.dll. Still the same error when starting ALchemy. I interpreted "Alchemy dsound.dll 2.4.2.10: 0x64920 -> 0x40 0xC3" as "go to file address 0x64920 and overwrite the bytes there with 0x40 0xC3". Was that wrong?

Reply 199 of 380, by MST

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Andoi wrote:

If you mean this post:
I downloaded the driver with the given name and patched the dsound.dll (version 2.4.2.10 from my ALchemy) and both Sens_oal.dll files (from the driver package). Also copied and renamed them to ct_oal.dll. Still the same error when starting ALchemy. I interpreted "Alchemy dsound.dll 2.4.2.10: 0x64920 -> 0x40 0xC3" as "go to file address 0x64920 and overwrite the bytes there with 0x40 0xC3". Was that wrong?

The same instructions can be found here.

dsound.dll v2.4.2.10 comes with ALchemy 1.45.10
Sens_oal v2.02.20.3090 comes with HOAL 2.02.90

Both components can be found within BAEP_PCDRV_L7_1_01_15.exe driver, just extract this file then it can be found within extras subdir:
extras\Audio\Alchemy\
extras\CTShared\CTRedist\Hoal\

I do not know if it works.