VOGONS

Reply 160 of 380, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
archsan wrote:

Don't forget Microsoft, which (to be slightly more on topic) basically killed Creative's EAX. And Creative, well they basically facilitated Aureal's self-destruction. Ah... such a proprietary world we're living in!

Yeah, but Microsoft have also some good points like open sourcing .NET 4+ etc. NVIDIA do not... But I think Oracle is even worse case, in their history they named first release of their database as 2.0 because it will sell better... Oracle bough VirtualBox with Sun and then one of bug was long not fixed because VirtualBox "works" so it's not a problem to have bugs, that's Oracle, only for profit, even worse that Apple, because Apple software is quite good and bugs are fixed quite soon, also Apple scores for me points because do not get a deal with FBI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI%E2%80%93App … ryption_dispute

Deep Thought wrote:

NVIDIA SLI has nothing in common with 3DFX SLI. It is "scalable link interface" vs "scan-line interleave".

But you know both SLI specs and you can tell me that one are not using some tech from older one ? I think you can't tell me that because it's proprietary so no-one know only NVIDIA ... Microsoft DX12 is allowing multiple GPUs to rendering/compute at same time, without duplicating VRAM contents, so you gain more usable VRAM - more efficient, but I think it will be not used, because it will be not supported by GameWorks, only SLI is your god, no others. Also NVIDIA is scamming that PCI-E transfer speed are not sufficient for multi GPU, also with their new SLI HB bridge which is not required at all, but is cost additional 40 dollars ! Praise the Money god! (https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/Ge … 080_SLI/22.html)

Also lose of EAX is nothing IMHO, all EAX effects can be done in software, for got sake we now have 4+ CPU cores running 3+Ghz so even dedicating one for processing is not a problem.

Reply 161 of 380, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry Gentlemen can we stop derailing?
You can discuss new shiny audio APIs here.

New nvidia audio, is nothing better than new amd audio.
Old trueaudio wasn't anything different than good old creative crap.
Microsoft didn't screw anything, creative did with their lust.
EAX was killed by consoles.
And amd linux driver -as of LLVM 3.9 official landing- is on par with green one.

Are we done yet?

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 162 of 380, by Mr.Lolendo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No god please nooo 😁, because audio rail tracing is game changer. 😁
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSlbyLAksM for Headphones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cevtidU3Ko4&t=0s for Speakers

Last edited by Mr.Lolendo on 2016-07-22, 15:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 164 of 380, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

In conclusion, how can i emulate EAX on my onboard Via VT2021?

In legal way you cannot. In 'other' ways you can use Alchemy/HostOAL (Sens_oal) to emulate EAX in DirectSound/OpenAL.

Reply 165 of 380, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

In legal way you cannot. In 'other' ways you can use Alchemy/HostOAL (Sens_oal) to emulate EAX in DirectSound/OpenAL.

Well, i legally own 3 Creative cards (Live, Audigy and X-fi) but don't wanna to bother with them (and their drivers sucks in win10). 😵
PS - PM'ed instructions will be much appreciated.

Reply 166 of 380, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:
Nucleoprotein wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Well, i legally own 3 Creative cards (Live, Audigy and X-fi) but don't wanna to bother with them (and their drivers sucks in win10). 😵

I written before that I will not redistribute any files.
But if you want... (NOTE: file offsets, not memory locations):
Alchemy dsound.dll 2.4.2.10: 0x64920 -> 0x40 0xC3
Sens_oal (32bit) 2.02.20.3090: 0xE0A50 -> 0x40 0xC3
Sens_oal (64bit) 2.02.20.3090: 0x1189E0 -> 0x40 0xC3
You do not really need any license generator or X-Fi MB3/5 to run Alchemy/HOAL.
PS: I posted source code of license generator somewhere here.
EDIT: BAEP_PCDRV_L7_1_01_15

Reply 167 of 380, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

X-Fi MB3 is legally purchasable. So of course Creative cards.

KainXVIII wrote:
Nucleoprotein wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Once you have a valid license to activate the program, you don't need need the card anymore.
I mean, if not any that you can physically detach it, ALchemy will work with other hardware too.

For instructions check latest posts of page 5 and 6.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 168 of 380, by Deep Thought

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

Real EAX sounds a lot better than ALchemy's emulated EAX if you have the hardware for it. I never had any problems on Windows 10 using these drivers. http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=741367

Reply 169 of 380, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deep Thought wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Real EAX sounds a lot better than ALchemy's emulated EAX if you have the hardware for it. I never had any problems on Windows 10 using these drivers. http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=741367

Real EAX - means you need winxp?

Reply 170 of 380, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deep Thought wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

No shit man.
We had discovered the reason here.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 171 of 380, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mirh wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

No shit man.

There are additional hidden logging options that maybe useful (they require to be "true" NOT "1" as comparison is lame):

Buffers=4
Duration=25
MaxVoiceCount=128
DisableDirectMusic=0
DisableNativeAL=0
LogDirectSound=true
LogDirectSound2D=true
LogDirectSound2DStreaming=true
LogDirectSound3D=true
LogDirectSoundListener=true
LogDirectSoundEAX=true
LogDirectSoundTimingInfo=true
LogStarvation=true

Reply 172 of 380, by Deep Thought

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

No, if you have Creative hardware with real EAX support (X-Fi or earlier) ALchemy passes through the DirectSound calls to the card via OpenAL and you get proper EAX.
Anything else is emulated, and that emulation sounds bad compared to the real thing. Some of the effects are very exaggerated.

mirh wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

No shit man.

Not sure what you're trying to tell me with that link.

Reply 173 of 380, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deep Thought wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

No, if you have Creative hardware with real EAX support (X-Fi or earlier) ALchemy passes through the DirectSound calls to the card via OpenAL and you get proper EAX.
Anything else is emulated, and that emulation sounds bad compared to the real thing. Some of the effects are very exaggerated.

My X-fi Xtreme Gamer has some annoying problems, like drivers constantly stop working once in few weeks (need to reinstall it every time, i used this drivers from Daniel Kawikami SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.7), some random LOUD crackling (especially when watching youtube). And, if i remember correctly, official creative drivers even cannot be installed on my card, maybe its dying 😵
Or maybe not http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=567821

Reply 174 of 380, by Deep Thought

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

My X-fi Xtreme Gamer has some annoying problems, like drivers constantly stop working once in few weeks (need to reinstall it every time, i used this drivers from Daniel Kawikami SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.7), some random LOUD crackling (especially when watching youtube). And, if i remember correctly, official creative drivers even cannot be installed on my card, maybe its dying 😵

It's possible that the PCI cards have problems not present with the PCIe cards.
I would manually uninstall everything and update to 3.8 though.
The one thing I'd say is that I've noticed that system updates on Windows 10 do require the drivers to be reinstalled if you're using the Insider Previews.
The topic you've linked to seems like the motherboard/bios could be the problem rather than Creative's software though.
Sorry to hear that you're having these problems.

Reply 175 of 380, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deep Thought wrote:
It's possible that the PCI cards have problems not present with the PCIe cards. I would manually uninstall everything and update […]
Show full quote
KainXVIII wrote:

It's possible that the PCI cards have problems not present with the PCIe cards.
I would manually uninstall everything and update to 3.8 though.
The one thing I'd say is that I've noticed that system updates on Windows 10 do require the drivers to be reinstalled if you're using the Insider Previews.
The topic you've linked to seems like the motherboard/bios could be the problem rather than Creative's software though.
Sorry to hear that you're having these problems.

I give it another chance, works fine for now.
So for eax games, game mode is essential or not? And "Enable Eax Effects" is also need to be turned on in Audio Control Panel? Or its just volume for eax effects?
PS - also (only in Eax) games now freaking LOUD, even on lowest speaker volume (windows volume control does not work at all), i don't remember this problem on previous driver pack 3.7 from kawikami..upd - nevermind, fixed by rebooting (i think)

Reply 176 of 380, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My question is, is the Creative X-Fi MB3 software actually worth buying? Does it really offer positional audio in recent games, when in use with an onboard Realtek and two speakers? Been thinking about this for a while, have never actually tried any audio enhancer, except possibly for some casual EAX gaming with an Audigy2ZS back in the day...

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 177 of 380, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, but not with 2 speakers, with headphones. I tested MB3 a while ago and it worked great with Realtek.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 178 of 380, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There goes my money then... hehe thanks! 🤣

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 179 of 380, by Deep Thought

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

I give it another chance, works fine for now.
So for eax games, game mode is essential or not? And "Enable Eax Effects" is also need to be turned on in Audio Control Panel? Or its just volume for eax effects?
PS - also (only in Eax) games now freaking LOUD, even on lowest speaker volume (windows volume control does not work at all), i don't remember this problem on previous driver pack 3.7 from kawikami..upd - nevermind, fixed by rebooting (i think)

Game Mode is required for hardware EAX support. The other modes use the software emulation.
I don't believe the "Enable EAX Effects" option has any effect in Game Mode, but I leave it enabled since that lets you adjust the volume of the EAX effects. (though I typically leave them at the default 0dB)
On Windows 10 I found that I had to reboot the system once or twice after installing the drivers before the driver settings would "stick" for some reason. After that it's been fine ever since.

PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Yes, but not with 2 speakers, with headphones. I tested MB3 a while ago and it worked great with Realtek.

I believe they still do virtual surround processing with 2 speakers, it's just that speakers are not as good at doing this as headphones are since each ear is completely isolated from the other with headphones.