VOGONS

First post, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just out of curiosity, is there any alternative to 3D Analyzer? It hasn't been updated for years, and I fear that one day, when a new version of Windows comes, it will refuse to work. The only function I care about is the one that lets you override the GPU's Vendor ID and Device ID, so that the game "thinks" you have a different video card.

The reason I need this is because my laptop has two GPUs, an integrated Intel and GT755M. When I run NFS Most Wanted (the 2005 version), it blocks the option to set shadow details - as far as I know, it's a typical issue on Intel GPUs (even though I've forced the game to use Nvidia card the option is still inactive). The only workaround I know of is to use 3D Analyzer and set Vendor ID to Nvidia.

So, any suggestions?

Reply 3 of 5, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found another tool on my harddrive that seems to have that capability called DirectxTweaker. It's relatively old and on Windows 7 you have to use Windows XP compatibility and disable Visual Designs and Desktop Composition to make it work so I don't know if it's any better in that regard than 3DAnalyze.

Filename
dxtweaker.zip
File size
1.13 MiB
Downloads
419 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Edit: Just tried DXTweaker on Arkham Asylum and I could successfully activate MSAA options restricted to Nvidia GPUs. To get around the beta message set your system date to 2005.

Edit: To remove the beta message drop this file into the DirectxTweaker folder.

Filename
DXTPatch.zip
File size
91.46 KiB
Downloads
261 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Edit: Forgot to say that if you run a game in compatibility or admin mode you have to run Radeonpro in admin mode as well or it can't hook.

Edit: Release version.
http://www.computerworld.pl/ftp/directx.tweaker.html

Last edited by teleguy on 2015-07-20, 09:36. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 4 of 5, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I've tried running Radeonpro in admin mode, but it just won't work. As if it gained its own consciousness and simply refused to cooperate 😜

I've managed to activate the shadow options with the help of Wine libraries, so the goal has been achieved. Thanks for your help though 😀