VOGONS

First post, by sniperhgy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear All,

I followed the steps in the post Re: Guide: Windows 95 / 98 inside Dosbox - Accessing files on the host and mount CD images with mapped network drives, but it didn't work properly, I think it should be something wrong in my operation, could anybody help to explain some points in that post :
1) about step 5. : I added a NE2000 card in windows 95 and use the automatic address, now it can access the internet. Should I set a static IP-addres for it ?
2) about step 6.1 : I have installed the three software, Distributed Filesystem Client (dfs41w95.exe), Winsock 2.0 (w95ws2setup.exe), Dial Up Network 1.3 (MSDUN13.EXE), only install them is enough ?

Please provide your suggestions, thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Sniperhgy

Reply 2 of 6, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i never tryed this, but if the only goal is to get access to cd-images inside windows95 in Dosbox:

I created a second IMG File (Data.img) and mount it in Dosbox.conf

So i mount Win95.IMG as Drive C and Data.IMG as Drive D in Dosbox.

Inside Data.img i can Store my CD-images with WinImage.

There is Space for 3 CD-Images in a 2GB Partition-Image.
I mount the Images with Daemon Tools.

If you like you can easily rename the Data.img if you use more then one. Or using a sperate IMG for each game.

Reply 3 of 6, by sniperhgy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

Keep in mind that Win9x is not officially supported in DOSBox.

Yes, my friend, you're right. But the version I'm using is DOSBOX SVN Daum, in this version, 500+MB img and Win95/Win98 had been supported.

Reply 4 of 6, by sniperhgy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sammy wrote:
i never tryed this, but if the only goal is to get access to cd-images inside windows95 in Dosbox: […]
Show full quote

i never tryed this, but if the only goal is to get access to cd-images inside windows95 in Dosbox:

I created a second IMG File (Data.img) and mount it in Dosbox.conf

So i mount Win95.IMG as Drive C and Data.IMG as Drive D in Dosbox.

Inside Data.img i can Store my CD-images with WinImage.

There is Space for 3 CD-Images in a 2GB Partition-Image.
I mount the Images with Daemon Tools.

If you like you can easily rename the Data.img if you use more then one. Or using a sperate IMG for each game.

Hi Sammy,

Glad to see you again. Thank you very much for your suggestion, but in my opinion, the Dosbox doesn't support two hard disk drivers, please correct me if I'm wrong.