VOGONS

First post, by HardwareExtreme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using a version setup for the Pentium 1 emulation. I have it set to a Soundblaster 16 and am running MS-DOS 6.22 in it. Can someone please help?

Q: Why didn't Intel call the Pentium the 586?
A: Because they added 486 and 100 on the first Pentium and got 585.999983605.

Source: http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/pentium.jokes.html

Reply 1 of 6, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you used the Sound Mixer Control (MIXERSET) utility?

If so, you will need to adjust the volume for the Voice, MIDI, CD, Mic, PC Speaker and Master all at the highest level. Save those settings and exit when you're finished.

If you have any questions, let me know. 😀

(I apologise, but it's been more than two weeks since no one has replied to this thread as I should have gotten to it earlier.)

Reply 2 of 6, by HardwareExtreme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks. I will definitely try this.

Q: Why didn't Intel call the Pentium the 586?
A: Because they added 486 and 100 on the first Pentium and got 585.999983605.

Source: http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/pentium.jokes.html

Reply 4 of 6, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Came here to complain of the same issue... already tried using the mixerset util that comes with the Sound Blaster, but it still fells a bit anemic compared to regular Windows sound levels. Any other ideas?

Reply 5 of 6, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Neville wrote:

Came here to complain of the same issue... already tried using the mixerset util that comes with the Sound Blaster, but it still fells a bit anemic compared to regular Windows sound levels. Any other ideas?

You might want to check to see if volume is too low.

If it is, you need to open up the Volume Mixer and where it says Device > Speakers, raise the volume level higher. If it still doesn't let me know.

By the way, I don't think that it's right to revive a thread that is over a year old or so.

Reply 6 of 6, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right now my MIXERSET setup looks like this:

VcYwmZh.png

Could you tell me if you can see any obvious mistakes, please?

> By the way, I don't think that it's right to revive a thread that is over a year old or so.

Sorry about that. I came into it using a web searcher.

EDIT: I asked the same question on the official PCem boards and was answered this:

There's no real solution to this. PCem has relatively quiet audio output to prevent clipping when multiple sound devices are playing simultaneously.

Hope that helps other people.