VOGONS

Reply 100 of 186, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

...why

the tracker format isn't a definitive for the sound itself. I've done .mods that sound like snes music (because they were snes music 😜)

you probably want a ST-XX soundfont of all the most common samples used.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 101 of 186, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

...why

the tracker format isn't a definitive for the sound itself. I've done .mods that sound like snes music (because they were snes music 😜)

you probably want a ST-XX soundfont of all the most common samples used.

There was this SNES emulator I used once back in the stone ages that optionally could actually output a .mod that sounded like SNES music (or maybe it was .it or something. Point is, it was a standard MOD file format). Think it was made by a Japanese programmer.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 103 of 186, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

I think that might be SNEmul, and the .mods it produced sounded very broken

Yep, that's it! Well it worked - I always considered it more "proof of concept" - never said it was perfect. I still have a SMWorld MOD file kicking around that I made that way 😁

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 107 of 186, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
autoexecdotbat wrote:

OK then, never mind.
You know what would e cool? a soundfont where all the instruments are from tracker formats (MOD, xm, It, s3m, 669, med, oct)

There are tools out there that convert MOD formats to MIDI and also extract the instruments and put them in SF2 files that go with the MIDI.

I never used any of them though. I'm sure other people here are more familiar with them.

Reply 108 of 186, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lybxlpsv wrote:
try turning off the reverb and chorus on bassmidi. althou the soundfont sounds seems kinda different imo too compared to the rea […]
Show full quote
Danfun64 wrote:

IMO, the SC-55 Preset soundfont sounds like Scc1t2 but with added echos, which seems to make the soundfont less accurate than Scc1t2. Are any of the samples different (more accurate)?

try turning off the reverb and chorus on bassmidi. althou the soundfont sounds seems kinda different imo too compared to the real sc-55.

hmm, using lsb function in bassmidi for roland gs midi playback seems to be quite interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4heEI0y75-o
http://dl.lybxlpsv.com/files/dropzone/asdf.png

Where did you get the drumkit soundfont that you show in your screenshot?

I see the SC-88 based one is here: Yet Another Soundfont (WIP)

Edit: Nice Deedlit avatar, leileilol 😁

Reply 111 of 186, by deemster

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What we need is a program that plays all GM instruments from a soundcard and constructs a soundfont out of the samples it recorded :p That would be so awesome. I still want a Creative Wave Blaster 1 soundfont, even though i own the hardware.

Reply 114 of 186, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
autoexecdotbat wrote:

could somebody make me an Apple IIGS soundfont?

I'm not sure how that would work. IIRC it didn't have a default sample set, rather the IIGS sound chip was like a more advanced SID with strong sample playback capabilities.

Reply 115 of 186, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

maybe it could be made from ripped samples from the IIGS games and from other products using the same chip (e.g. ensoniq esq1)

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ

Reply 116 of 186, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There should be also SC-55 preset without reberb set beforhand. Generally, effects are external thing and should not be hardcoded to instruments. If the author likes some level of reverb, he could place his reverbed variant of bank additionally.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 117 of 186, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

tutts, the soundfont posted in this thread doesn't have reverb (unlike patch93's soundfont which I used previously). I believe your basmidi configuration may be the culprit.

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ

Reply 119 of 186, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
autoexecdotbat wrote:

maybe it could be made from ripped samples from the IIGS games and from other products using the same chip (e.g. ensoniq esq1)

Next you'll want a soundfont of this.

apsosig.png
long live PCem