VOGONS

First post, by WolfpupNX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all,

So I'm going to be playing the original System Shock soon, the enhanced edition, and am deciding between going with the basic "general midi" or using VirtualMidiSynth with a soundfont Recommendations.

The issue is, I've listened to a few soundfonts now, and I just can't decide as they do all sound very different. Are there any soundfonts out there specifically geared to what System Shock would have had in mind? Or am I better off just going with general midi?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bump! Also seeking for appropriate soundfont (because i can't choose Roland Sound Canvas plugin in Win10 =( )

Last edited by KainXVIII on 2016-08-07, 09:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From the reactions at gog.com I am starting to think the music of system shock is not for everybody. Though I always liked it myself.

Some soundfonts that are not too far from the Sound Canvas Standard:
8MBGM.sf2 from Creative Labs / E-mu Systems, 8MB, free for Sound Blaster owners AFAIK.
VCGS4MV4.sf2 from Voice Crystal, 4MB, $15, Recordings here.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 3 of 3, by chirinea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I hope it is not too late to answer. I came here looking for the same info, but then I started testing some soundfonts by myself. So far, I think the one that pleases me most is 8MBGMSFX: www.alsa-project.org/~james/sound-fonts/8MBGMSFX.SF2