VOGONS

First post, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As the title says. Is there any solution to get the music working in games like Ford Racing 2 and Test Drive 6? They both use WMA Source Filter to play music, which isn't included in the newer Windows OS.

Would it be possible to write a wrapper (something like dgVoodoo 2, but for WMA music)?

Reply 1 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, there are many threads about this already.
Ford Racing 2 - anyone technical fancy trying to hack it so it can work on Vista/Win7?
Ford Racing 2 - complete fix pack including music player
Test Drive 6 - No music

Reply 2 of 5, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote:
Yes, there are many threads about this already. Ford Racing 2 - anyone technical fancy trying to hack it so it can work on Vista […]
Show full quote

Yes, there are many threads about this already.
Ford Racing 2 - anyone technical fancy trying to hack it so it can work on Vista/Win7?
Ford Racing 2 - complete fix pack including music player
Test Drive 6 - No music

Not really a solution for the issue though, just a workaround.

Reply 3 of 5, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Exactly. Anyone can just launch a music player in the background, but it just doesn't feel right. What I mean is that in certain points the music should change automatically (like when starting a race). This workaround doesn't provide that.

I'm sure someone could write a proper replacement dll (I suspect it'd have to be wmaudsdk.dll, but I could be wrong) which would fix this.

Reply 5 of 5, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First, the game won't launch without it. I tried replacing wmaudsdk.dll with a different file (inmm.dll, renamed to wmaudsdk.dll) and after that, the game crashed just before it should display the main menu. It's also the moment when the music should start playing.