VOGONS

First post, by jackbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just switch from Windows XP to Windows 10. DOSBOX 0.74 worked quite well and fast in XP. However, now with Megabuild6 in Windows 10, my DOS application is very slow to respond in opening files. Also in typing text the cursor moves but the text doesn't appear for a few seconds. I tried changing various configurations but to no avail. I do not use DOSBOX for anything other than this one DOS application so no need for anything that refers to games, etc. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Megabuild 6 is very out of date.

If you need some particular feature that is not in standard DOSBox, then you should try the SVN Daum version. (The latest ones are somewhat broken, however, so stick with slightly older releases.)

Reply 2 of 9, by jackbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is thsi SVN Daum version part of DOSBOX? If so, how to I get it? But actually all I need is to speed up the response time in my DOS accounting application. Everything works fine including printing but it's very slow unlike DOSBOX 0.74 in Windows XP.

Reply 3 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The SVN Daum version is another alternative build of the DOSBox code, just like Megabuild 6.

But if you are running an accounting application, then you should try vDosPlus.

Reply 7 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jackbes wrote:

Hello Azarien. The only place I see the word "output" is under "rd1".

I have no idea what you might be referring to, but Azarien is referring to dosbox.conf. If you are using a custom build it should be in the same folder as dosbox.exe. There are no references to "rd1" in that file.

Chaging the "output=" line to "output=openglnb" is indeed sometimes helpful. But did vDosPlus not solve the problem?

Reply 8 of 9, by jackbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded vDosPlus and it opens up my accounting program fine. However, once the program is open it should show all the different files that need this program. I've move the files to various locations and they still don't show up. When I originally used DOSBOX they showed up right away. The files also showed in DosBox Megabuild 6 but the program runs at a snail pace...that's my problem. Even managed to get the printing working.

Reply 9 of 9, by jackbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I now download DOSBox SLN Daum for my accounting program and it works great including the printing. vDosPlus couldn't find my files for some reason. Thank you Azarien and Jorpho for your help. Jack