VOGONS

First post, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The emulation of UniPCemu's Game Blaster is mostly based on Dosbox's emulation(with custom square wave generation based on my own old adlib emulation(before making it more accurate).

https://bitbucket.org/superfury/unipcemu/src/ … ter.c?at=master

For some reason(most noticeably when running The Secret of Monkey Island with parameters "v g"(without quotes), I notice that the sound is working, but it seems so loud the signals seem to be overlapping in volume(all very loud), making it hard to hear the tones correctly(or the different volumes).

Anyone can see if something went wrong during conversion from the Dosbox code? Why is it so loud and mixing overlapping?

Edit: I know that UniPCemu does something Dosbox doesn't: it multiplies every sample by 2(lines 387-388), but that is correct, since Dosbox only uses 15-bit sample depth?

Author of the UniPCemu emulator.
UniPCemu Git repository
UniPCemu for Android, Windows, PSP, Vita and Switch on itch.io

Reply 2 of 4, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SA1988 wrote:

excuse my attitude now, but why all these UniPCemu topics in the PC emulation forum?

Because they're topics about emulation of PC hardware(CPU, VGA, Game Blaster)?

UniPCemu Git repository

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
SA1988 wrote:

excuse my attitude now, but why all these UniPCemu topics in the PC emulation forum?

Because it is the appropriate forum. Please dial back your attitude.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looking at the Dosbox source code again, it seems to use some smpl16s buffering, implying 16-bit signed depth.
After adjusting UniPCemu's Game Blaster emulation not to use the SHL 1 on every sample, the Monkey Island Game Blaster output sounds normal again?

UniPCemu Git repository