VOGONS

Virtual PC 5 oddity

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Snover wrote:

heh, no, I'm not offering to pay for it...

I know 8-bit paletted textures work fine on my GF3Ti500. (FFVIII uses 8-bit palletted textures.) However, it doesn't appear that TV actually works in Windows 2000. I'm not sure if it ever did. The 3D Realms logo appears, and then nothing. *sigh* That's frustrating. However, if it DOES work in XP (except with messed up video), I would HIGHLY suggest you upgrade your video card.

Unless you're offering to pay for it I would HIGHLY recommend you shut up 😉 😁

I'm doing the best I can but in the meantime I'm trying to make do with what I've got.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 21 of 28, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Hmm, I copied TV off of ma' TV CD a long time ago. Think all I did was modify a cfg file or something to point to the movies in the TV directory instead of on the CD.

I'll try this and see if I get anywhere. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 24 of 28, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

The Crusader series now works fine with VPC using v5.1!

Do you know the changes were made between 5.0 and 5.1?
Any chance that they fixed the (almost non-existent) DOS support for SoundBlaster audio?

Reply 25 of 28, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

DosFreak, does it actually work for you? I mean does No Remorse work for you? I still can't get it to work. Can you send me your image?

Reply 26 of 28, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sound "support" is still as crappy as ever. As far as I am aware any improvement to DOS sound in VPC is considered a feature and not a bug fix. 😕. . heh.....

No Remorse works fine overe here with v5.1 whereas with v5.0 I had to use a floppy....Works straight from the command line with clean config.sys and autoexec.bat

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 27 of 28, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

*sigh*

5.1 still exhibits the funky keyboard locking behaviour with TV...

Anyone have any sensible short term solutions on alleviating this while I work toward getting a new video card? I've noticed that is doesn't happen while running TV in a DOS window under Win95 but that isn't really an option since it makes the game unbearably slow on my PII so a DOS solution would be preferable.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 28 of 28, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

DosFreak: clean autoexec/config? You mean like nothing in it? Or what do you load? And is this with the PC-Dos that comes with VPC? Or which flavour of Dos? I can't get it to start at all