VOGONS

First post, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've installed virtual sound canvas on windows 7 and with the vst midi driver i'm getting a huge delay, about 30 seconds, in games. The game (zdoom) freezes for that time at every level change before music starts. This is an athlon64.
With savihost it's not working, midi is not redirected from savihost so i get the old device.
In windows xp vst midi driver isn't working either(no midi) and with savihost i get the old device as well.

BTW mudlord's midi driver is completely broken in XP, latest version makes games crash so a system restore is required and the previous version just gives no midi. The unistaller is not installed but i extracted it manually from the wow folder (to avoid using system restore), seems like that driver can only be installed properly on 64 bit systems. This is important since the new version asks to uninstall the old one and since there's no uninstaller you can't upgrade. Moreover you can't uninstall of course.
In windows 7 hyper canvas (both with the driver and savihost) kicks me out of the game at every music change, probably due to a poorly hacked dll. At least this one works.

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 1 of 1, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried WinMidiPort with SC-VA? Like SAVIhost, it requires loopmidi to work with other software.

Also, the latest VSTi Driver should work on both 32 and 64 bit systems. If not, something is wrong with my setup script.