VOGONS

First post, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been using bassmidi successfully for the past couple of days with no problems. Suddenly, the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth disappeared from the default midi synth menu in bassmidi, as well as from dosbox when mixer /listmidi is used. Additionally, in the bassmidi menu, I am now showing duplicate port a and port b, though dosbox does not reflect this duplication and only lists one port a/b.

Before problem occurred
r7Mb6zc.png

After problem occurred
UehDvcu.png?1

You will notice the MT-32 Synth emulator in the after picture.. that's because these screenshots are taken from two different computers (MUNT is installed on mine). To make sure I wasn't going crazy (when the GS wavetable synth disappeared), I installed bassmidi on another computer in my apartment to see what the default menu options are.

So, what's going on here? Is there some way I can reinstall the MS GS Wavetable Synth and get these duplicate ports out of my menu?

Also, if it's of any relevance, here's what my drivers32 folder in my registry looks like, and here's what the drivers32 folder looks like on the other computer.

As you can see, there is a discrepancy. In my registry in the drivers32 folder, I am missing aux3, midi5, mixer5, and wave5. Not sure if this means anything or not. I added them in manually just for testing purposes but it didn't change anything.