VOGONS

First post, by Ginsu33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, this is the situation.

1. I install Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy
2. I install the full patch 1.1

- The main menu looks like a couple of bugs tore a few pieces out of it, black bars across the top and bottom, can't select anything.

3. I apply the Nvidia patch.

- This patch fixes the issue on the main menu. The sound, mission briefings, and squad selection menus all operate. However, when I click the button to launch the actual mission the game crashes.

I screwed around with the config settings, changed resolution from 1920 to the smaller ones, the only change it made was that this time I saw the actual loading screen for about 1 second before the crash.

I suspect that because I am using an Nvidia card, the Nvidia patch for this game is long obsolete and won't do anything to help my GTX980M figure out how to run the damn thing.

I used to run this game on a windows 7 machine a AMD card, no issues so I know this must be a fault specific to Nvidia cards.

Does anyone know any kind of work around to get this game running on my system? There must be some kind of options or settings I can set on my card to do it, I just don't have a clue.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.
(I am new here and if this has been posted in the wrong area please move it, thank you)