VOGONS

First post, by Sandi1987

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I install Voodoo Drivers in Windows 2000 and it's not working. I need help.

Reply 4 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
leileilol wrote:

Voodoo doesn't do Direct3D in WinNT/2k/XP. This is normal.

But the cards can do OpenGL and Glide in 2k and up. There are also 3rd party drivers that allow the use of DX under 2k and newer with a voodoo2.

I never used PCem, bit Id say we need more info on the problem at hand.

Reply 6 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
leileilol wrote:

Yes, why don't you mislead the newbie into crashing their Windows with unsupported unofficial hacked drivers

I'm not the one implying a voodoo2 can't be used in 2k do to MS disabling DX support for 3d add in cards.
glide and opengl still works perfectly fine.
And if anything the stock 2k drivers are the buggy ones.

Reply 7 of 8, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is the OP talking about Voodoo 1 or 2?

In the case of it being a Voodoo1, the only Win2K driver available is Iceman's and it indeed can not do Direct3D.

In the case of it being a Voodoo2, the official drivers are a mess AFAIR. The beta driver will work with D3D, however it has no Glide or OpenGL support. The official release did not support D3D, but supported Glide and OpenGL!
I believe that if you use the FastVoodoo2 drivers, you can get compatibility for all supported APIs, however this may not work properly on PCEm, although I have not really tried it.

Reply 8 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

For the voodoo1 there is also glideXP witch also works in xp and xp 64, they also work with the voodoo2 with a INI file edit.

AND fast voodoo does not work with DX under 2k/xp M$ removed DX support for 3d addon cards. The on;y was around it is to trick the driver and windows into handling the voodoo2 as a full 2d/3d card