VOGONS

First post, by Dacaskos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm really sorry to make my first post as a "SOMEBODY HELP" one, but really... does anyone could provide info on how unninstal A3D-live (Aureal3D Wrapper found on http://www.worknd.ru/) because trying to remove conventionally through control paneljust gives me an error. I know it messes with registry, but I can't find anything on it, so if someone could point me out what could I do to prevent it from working because it's crashing all my old games now.
Worst thing I ever did, even Win10 told me so...

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I keep saying that it's a really badly written A3D->DS3D wrapper but no one listens 😁
Just delete the A3D.DLL out of the games and windows\system32 and/or syswow(64) dirs
or run the official Aureal 3.12 driver installer and it will update the A3D dlls in the windows directory for you replacing that awful wrapper.

The wrapper is only good for fooling your games into thinking there is A3D supported, but it doesn't do anything more than that.

Reply 2 of 2, by Dacaskos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZanQuance wrote:
I keep saying that it's a really badly written A3D->DS3D wrapper but no one listens :D Just delete the A3D.DLL out of the games […]
Show full quote

I keep saying that it's a really badly written A3D->DS3D wrapper but no one listens 😁
Just delete the A3D.DLL out of the games and windows\system32 and/or syswow(64) dirs
or run the official Aureal 3.12 driver installer and it will update the A3D dlls in the windows directory for you replacing that awful wrapper.

The wrapper is only good for fooling your games into thinking there is A3D supported, but it doesn't do anything more than that.

Word. It's a f* up piece of software. At least it was for me. It actually crashes to the point I need to reboot.
I was browsing for random wrappers when I came up to it.

But yes, I've actually deleted the a3d files from syswow yesterday. No luck. At least I've managed to make Unreal engine games work by disabling directsound under preferences.

But it's a matter of honor getting rid of it now... I don't know, i think it mess up with some reg somewhere. It should be banned. Even its website is so shallow that I thought twice before installing it. Well, i've should think ten times, because it's absolute shit and should be avoided. Just tried because, again, I should be doing something better with my time and I actually had one A3D soundboard back in the day (it was onboard actually, with a Compaq PC), and I remember that playing UT 99 with it would give this cool "Saving Private Ryan" bleeps and effects in the middle of the shooting, so I thought I could experience that again.

But no. It's total crap. Again, maybe it worked for someone but really... I was not expecting that hassle. I'm actually worried about malwares and shit now, don't know, but I guess it's clean.

Anyway, thanks a lot for taking the time trying to help 😀