VOGONS

First post, by Dacaskos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From time to time I search, in vain, for something other than Daemon 3.47 (the last version afaik that supports cdda and which doesn't work under modern OSes) that support CDDA/Red Book Audio cd image mounting.
Wincdemu doesn't. Virtual Clone Drive either.
Are there any solutions out there?

Reply 3 of 10, by Dacaskos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Firtasik wrote:

Alcohol 52% Free Edition

Stretch wrote:

Try MagicDisc

Thanks! But I should've mentioned "without adware"

Are those soft free from stuff? Afaik alcohol demands you to install lots of adware crap to make it work.

In any case, thanks again.

Reply 7 of 10, by Dacaskos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote:

If I may ask, what do you mean that Daemon 3.47 is the last version which supports mounting of data+audio mixed cds? What's wrong with current version?

As I said, "afaik" at least for sometime Daemon dropped support to audio tracks (something like in the 00's, more than ten years now). I don't know if they support it again in newer versions but I'm not willing to try the newer releases for they have a ton of adware stuff attached to it.

leileilol wrote:

I use Virtual CloneDrive with my CCDs and the CD audio works in 7 x64.

Hmmm... I didn't know V. CloneDrive did that. The only problem with Virtual Clonedrive is it won't support bin/cue files.

Magiciso doesn't install on Win10 x64 for some reason, but if I remember correctly it also had troubles with CDDA audio.

It's amazing how virtual cd drive mounting software is plagued with adware, some of them even without your permission (the days of "Do you want to install CRAP BAR with it?" tick boxes are long gone now. They often install shit without your permission as well)

Anyway, thanks for all the help so far 😀

Reply 8 of 10, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't know about Alcohol 52%, but the only ads in Daemon Tools Lite is in its own GUI, which I haven't seen since I installed the program (I double click images to mount them). There's a million much worse ways advertisers are getting to you whenever you browse the web. And no, you haven't blocked all of them, even if you think you have.

Daemon Tools supports audio tracks just fine and always has, what it dropped support for after 3.47 was pretending it was a CD drive with analog audio output as opposed to digital audio output. I don't think that distinction even exists in Windows 10.

Virtual CloneDrive works fine for bin/cue files with CD audio. Why wouldn't it? Only problem with Virtual CloneDrive is that you can forget about playing games with advanced copy protections.

Reply 9 of 10, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ZellSF wrote:

Virtual CloneDrive works fine for bin/cue files with CD audio. Why wouldn't it? Only problem with Virtual CloneDrive is that you can forget about playing games with advanced copy protections.

It works best with CCD files. My CCD'd safedisc games work fine with it.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 10, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd suggest trying the current version of daemon tools, as you are making a lot of wrong assumptions about something you haven't even seen. Plus you can always buy a 3 pcs lifetime license for the lite version which gets rid of the ads for something like 5 euros.