VOGONS

PCem Backup

Topic actions

First post, by IMeganElisabeth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a way to backup the current state of a machine in PCem like you can with a VM in VirtualBox?

Reply 2 of 4, by IMeganElisabeth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

You could probably zip up the hard drive images, the nvr file and the cfg file. There's no state saving or undo disks or anything like that.

Okay, I know where the hard drive image is so if I just find an application to zip it will it stop continuing to change along if I make a copy or is still going to continue to change once zipped? I’m trying to create a safe backup in case I break it to not have to a fresh install

Reply 3 of 4, by dragon57

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The zipped copy is totally separate than the hard drive image PCEM uses, so any time you use that image w/PCEM and make changes, you should zip up the image again when you shutdown PCEM. You can either overwrite the original zip file if you only want one backup, or you could have as many backups as you want, depending on what use you put the images to. I, for one, have more than one backup of the initial image I created. One is for certain games, another is a mix of different types of games, and lastly one for applications. There are many possibilities.

Reply 4 of 4, by IMeganElisabeth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dragon57 wrote:

The zipped copy is totally separate than the hard drive image PCEM uses, so any time you use that image w/PCEM and make changes, you should zip up the image again when you shutdown PCEM. You can either overwrite the original zip file if you only want one backup, or you could have as many backups as you want, depending on what use you put the images to. I, for one, have more than one backup of the initial image I created. One is for certain games, another is a mix of different types of games, and lastly one for applications. There are many possibilities.

Thank you very very much for this information!