VOGONS

First post, by jpcima

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I post to announce the release of ADLjack 1.0.0, a software which I have developed for realtime synthesis of OPL3 and OPN2 emulations.
It is made in part thanks to the work of Wohlstand who has created MIDI driver libraries for these chip emulations.

Here you have the project page with sources for all OS, and you have Windows installers under releases.
For now it's Vista and up but next release is going to support XP too.
https://github.com/jpcima/adljack

You can use this programs for all MIDI purposes. On Windows, this has support for virtual port, which means software is able to pretend it's a hardware MIDI port, and as long as program is open; and you can use it as if it were a OPL3 MIDI driver on hardware chip (or OPN2, if you prefer).
(for music sequencing, MIDI file playback, connecting to dosbox MIDI etc..)

The virtualMIDI support is somewhat hidden but to get it: find and install the loopMIDI software.
You don't need to enable or use this software at all, but ADLjack needs the companion driver which is part of this software.
With this installed, the Virtual MIDI port option will appear in the software.
(it's legally ambiguous whether or not I can be allowed to use virtualMIDI in my software, and I was not able to reach the author. If he comes to ask me to remove the virtual MIDI, I will)

This program does all things ADLMIDI enables to do: load custom banks, add chips for polyphony, etc...
I hope you enjoy the software.

Reply 1 of 2, by ludicrous_peridot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Is it the etiquette of the forum release announcements don't get discussions by the users?

Thanks a lot for this - I find the app so much more manageable than installing a system-level driver, and the included banks -e.g. the one for DMXOL3 makes listening to *.mus with a MIDI player so much pleasant for Doom, Heretic or Raptor. Being able to select emulation core on the fly just rocks.

GA-G41M-Combo G41/ICH7 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 - DDR3 1033 - Radeon RX570 - YMF744 (Cobra) - X3MB (Buran)

Reply 2 of 2, by ludicrous_peridot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear @jpcima - could you please explain which version allows -v option to set volume on Windows and if -a on Windows allows to specify loopMIDI from the start? I had no luck with -h option neither in cmd.exe no via start adlrt -h from cmd, so not sure about these and other options...

GA-G41M-Combo G41/ICH7 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 - DDR3 1033 - Radeon RX570 - YMF744 (Cobra) - X3MB (Buran)