VOGONS

First post, by Dos Game Player

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now I have just (legally) downloaded some old Amiga ADF files for some Team17 games (The downloads are authorised by a worker there). The thing is I want to find a good legal emulation package (WinUAE and WinFellow are just the emulators. You need the KickStart and WorkBench files to make it run). Now I have found one called Amiga Forever but that is $29.99 (which after adding convertion and tax comes to about £20). Does anyone know of any cheaper ones?

Reply 1 of 2, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This Actually would belong in emulators, I think? Well anyways I've been doing lots of Emulating lately, haven't got to Amiga though. but this link to Zophars Domain should have some.

let me know how they work (as in a good one 😀 ).

😵 waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 2 of 2, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't met anyone in the various emulation circles who doesn't think Cloanto's claims to the rights to the ROM are anything but largely spurious; in fact, a German court presiding over the matter of rights transferred in the various handovers that the Commodore legacy entailed specifically determined what was covered by the relevant paperwork, and the ROM was not one of those things.

Of course, the respective parties continue to deny this, but it's not like anyone's going to challenge them.

Personally, while I'm generally loathe to recommend such on this forum, in this case I'd just go and find them online - they're not hard to locate - rather than give money to a company whose claim to the rights is so questionable.