Rank

What the best glide wrappers for win 98SE
My Machine:
CPU
Celeron 3.0 Ghz lga 775
For VGA:
GF fx5200 or GF 6600 LE
The main focus for win 98 games.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 1 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My Win98 glide wrapping days generally involved XGL-200 (1999+) and Zeckensack's wrapper (2004+) so i'd still think only either of those. psVoodoo might be good too since that uses pixel shader 1.4 at best, i'd imagine the FX5200 behaving well with that one.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 5, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks guys for the help.
Besides this question the only problem is the emm386 dont working to install the sb16 emulation (disabled all possible options in the bios).
This build will be a dual 98SE/xp and the wrost case, just use dosbox.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

dgVoodoo 1.x series should also technically work (earlier ones are DX7, latest ones in that series are DX9), as well as OpenGlide.

See here for a bunch to experiment with: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/wrappers/files/Glide/

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 5, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MKT_Gundam wrote:

Thanks guys for the help.
Besides this question the only problem is the emm386 dont working to install the sb16 emulation (disabled all possible options in the bios).
This build will be a dual 98SE/xp and the wrost case, just use dosbox.

There is no place for EMM386 and SB16 emulation if this is for Win98/XP. I am confused that you even mentioned them for Win98/XP build. Although hard to believe it myself, only if you are after some very special (poorly coded) DOS games that only work from Win98 DOS prompt, none of Win98 games will need or take advantage of EMM386 and SB16 emulation.

The only one that I know is BC3000AD.