VOGONS

First post, by Battler

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What exactly does the Logitech C7 serial mouse do on the power-up sequence? I mean, the sequence appears to be, set DTR active, then set RTS active, then wait for something, but for what? 86Box's emulated mouse right starts a timer when that happens, that sends the 0x4D ('M') but Windows 2000 (and it seems Windows NT 3.51 as well) doesn't seem to like that, it seems to be expecting something to happen in the modem status register of the serial port. What does the real mouse do when it's powered up?

Reply 1 of 2, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's not much, but a bit of what you mentioned is described on page 12 of the Logimouse C7 technical reference manual.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 2, by Battler

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just got reports back from a person who tested the real mouse for me, and basically, when you set DTR active, the mouse raises DSR (and you get a MSR interrupt from the serial port if the serial port is appropriately configured), and when you set RTS active, the mouse raises CTS (and you get a MSR interrupt again).