VOGONS

First post, by Peenchy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello persepective helpers!

I am a huge MoM fan and just found my old CD while cleaning out my closet. I'm pretty good with computers, but not into programming and all that jazz. I've noticed many places have instructions for playing MoM with DOSBox on Windows XP but I can't seem to find anything for Windows ME (which is what i have). Does anybody know how to get my beloved games working in Windows ME?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated!
Basic help is good, but something in depth is always nicer =)

Thanks to you!

Reply 2 of 9, by Peenchy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it's good news to hear that it runs on ME as well.

The only problem is... The instructions for XP don't work for ME (at least not for me). Are there instructions for DOSBox on ME? I've made older games' work on my neighbors system because it's XP and all you really need to do is tell it to play in Win 95 mode. But mine doesn't seem to have that option.

My apologies in advance if i'm missing something obvious.

Reply 3 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Peenchy wrote:

The only problem is... The instructions for XP don't work for ME (at least not for me).

What instructions you have problems with? The only significant difference is that you cannot use -ioctl when mounting a CD on W9x/WME. However you can still use -aspi (but install ASPI drivers before!).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 9, by Peenchy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Woah there! ioctl? aspi? Maybe i'm looking at the wrong instructions. The one's i saw were extremely short and easy and dealt only with a few changes in the properties of DOSBox.

It might be easier if someone just pointed me in the direction of some instructions.

I have the original MoM CD, Windows ME, and a half-starved brain.

Thanks again for Z help

Reply 7 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
robertmo wrote:

Naming the emulator "DOSBox" is a very good choice from a marketing point of view, but it is also very confusing.

Do you mean that the guy talked all the time about running it in the DOS window in Windows? 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Mirek

Reply 9 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You would get better answers if you were in a proper forum: DOS (for DOS games), Windows (for Windows games) or DOSBOX Games/Apps (for running a DOS game inside DOSBOX emulator).

Mirek