VOGONS

First post, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is it possible to combine those two ROMs in one emulated system? Every time I try to use them together(in either mounting order), only one of them works, or the BIOS flat out refuses to use one of them(due to INT19h hooking issues)?

Author of the UniPCemu emulator.
UniPCemu Git repository
UniPCemu for Android, Windows, PSP, Vita and Switch on itch.io

Reply 1 of 1, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just managed to get it partly working. I created a simple plpbtrom.bin file using the configuration tool(with INT19 enabled).
Then I ran the following commands:

set filename=OPTROM.AT.2.BIN
plpbtrom -INT18 plpbtrom.bin %filename%

Then simply copy the generated OPTROM.AT.2.BIN file to the ROM directory to use it.

It first boots into the XT-IDE ROM, (OPTROM.AT.1.BIN). Then I can either let it continue to boot the hard disk or floppy disk, or press F8 to boot the OPTROM.2.BIN(the Plop boot manager ROM). It then keeps asking for pressing Ctrl-D to boot the Plop BIOS menu.

I can use said menu without problems to boot the floppy or hard disk.

But when I try to use the CD-ROM boot option, it simply resets the computer(I don't see any triple fault being generated)?
Edit: Disabling the INT19h setting using the plpcfgbtGUI seems to fix that issue? But now stuff like Minix won't boot anymore?

Edit: Managed to successfully boot the Linux (Debian) 2.0 boot CD-ROM. The Windows 95a installation disk also seems to boot successfully, but once scandisk completes it's hard disk check(of the already installed(until reboot) Windows 95 partition), I somehow can't quit scandisk, as I can't switch to the right option to quit scandisk. All I can do is select the left option, which opens the summary for the scandisk results, after which all I can do is return to the previous summary to once again not switch to the correct option to terminate scandisk. Pressing x to get to the exit button also doesn't seem to work?

Author of the UniPCemu emulator.
UniPCemu Git repository
UniPCemu for Android, Windows, PSP, Vita and Switch on itch.io