VOGONS

Gotek like Optical Driver Emulator - Is it possible?

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 124, by electric_monk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll look into these (I may need to find such CUE/BIN dumps though for testing). I've seen similar issues before but they should have been sorted. For the audio issue I'm probably just missing a bit flag on an audio command I wasn't expecting or something 😊

Edit: I can reproduce the issue, though it'll be a few days to get you a fix as my debug cable broke during reproduction of the issue!

Reply 121 of 124, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
electric_monk wrote on 2021-04-07, 03:00:

I'll look into these (I may need to find such CUE/BIN dumps though for testing). I've seen similar issues before but they should have been sorted. For the audio issue I'm probably just missing a bit flag on an audio command I wasn't expecting or something 😊

Edit: I can reproduce the issue, though it'll be a few days to get you a fix as my debug cable broke during reproduction of the issue!

No worries, thanks for the update!

Reply 122 of 124, by jwillis84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just received an IDE CD/DVD drive Simulator.

So far it works great.

I'm still learning how to interact with it, the most trouble I had was figuring out the right device driver in Windows for setting up a local COM virtual port to communiciate with it. It took some time, but was successful. I have the PuTTY command window open now and have played around with the command set.

I'm not quite sure how scripting works.. or whether its of use in my use case, but it is interesting.

I am interested in capturing the IDE bus commands from a DVD Burner situation in a very old DVD recorder and saving a burn session to a file on a USB drive or the SD flash card.

To do that I think I need to collect data and submit that to the developer, so future versions of the firmware will support the IDE bus commands and responses a DVD burner would make or expect.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by jwillis84 on 2021-04-08, 17:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 123 of 124, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
electric_monk wrote on 2021-04-06, 02:37:
darry wrote on 2021-04-06, 02:16:

Wow, thanks for the very fast response ! I actually pm-ed you regarding the image group idea because I believe that might feasible at low cost and wanted to be sure you saw that . What are your thoughts on this idea ?

Apparently I can't reply here yet anyway, I must have posted too little 😊 I think there might be something possible there, there's no exposed GPIO on the board itself but I could add a mode for one of the USB ports perhaps, I could maybe get three pushbuttons on one of the USB ports if I fiddle around with detecting the pins that are normally dedicated to USB.

I am very interested in this ! If you do end up adding some buttons and a display, a case with a 3.5 mounting bracket would be next. I am sure I will end up being a customer soon. Please keep it up!

Reply 124 of 124, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just wanted to mention you can simulate the Tattie ATAPI Simulator “no stop” issue pretty easily with the Windows CD Player in Windows 98. Pressing stop or pause has no effect. Hope that helps!