VOGONS

Bruninho's Virtual Machines (Windows, Linux, Mac)

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 242, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am currently looking for more 80s, 90s games that I might have played or liked to try out in these emulators/virtual machines. Not many games comes to my mind now…

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 241 of 242, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Late, but been busy lately: Happy new year, vogoners!

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 242 of 242, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK I am working on a webpage that could work across as many browsers as possible from old to new. So far I got this one to work between IE4 and current modern standards. I even have a 3-column option if I wanted to use.

Dropped Netscape 4 since it has nearly no compliance with any CSS support at all, but users of NN4 and much older pre-historic browsers visiting this page can see it "naked" and still organized even without CSS.

Next steps are finish this page and begin more testing on MacOS 9.2.2 and newer Windows versions available browsers before further development. These tests were carried on MacOS Sonoma and Windows 95.

Screenshot-2024-02-03-at-6-41-06-PM.png Screenshot-2024-02-03-at-6-57-08-PM.png Screenshot-2024-02-03-at-6-57-40-PM.png

The best part: It's almost fully responsive. I still need to add media queries for small devices.

A bright note, the CSS and HTML used are fully, 100% valid. I used flexbox to achieve the whole design for modern browsers with a @supports, which is a feature query, and added a fallback to old classic floats for other older browsers which do not support flexbox. Then, to achieve equal height columns on older browsers I used the classic good old technique "Faux columns" behind them. Worked like a charm. The "faux columns" method also uses floats and is ignored by modern browsers, and at this moment exclusively detected by IE and FF, through some hacks that are still 100% valid CSS (the holly hack for IE < 6, and a selector :last-child hack for FF >= 2)

JOBS, Steve.