VOGONS

First post, by Arn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm back with a new problem 😉 My problem is that my joystick isn't working properly..

I'm running with a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme, with the latest drivers. Win XP. Through the gaming port. Therefor I cannot use the Wingman Profiler and have to use the windows built in controller settings.

The problem isn't that the game don't find any joystick, cause it does. Also when I'm configurating the controls, I can assign a button to an action by pressing it, though not configurate the axis..

And then when I play. The axis isn't working but all the buttons! Wierd?

In the controller settings, the axis are assigned to different actions, so if it would detect any impulses from the joystick, something would happen!

I'm also running VDMSound, and I've tried it with 4axis/4but, 2ax/2but and without emulation but it won't work..

Also, the axis works in windows, but not in any game 🙁

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance 😁

😄

Reply 1 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Be sure to check it's using the correct Device ID (although since the buttons are working that shouldn't be a problem). I'm not sure what to tell you, but I'm sure Vlad has an idea. Vlad?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Arn wrote:
I'm back with a new problem ;) My problem is that my joystick isn't working properly.. […]
Show full quote

I'm back with a new problem 😉 My problem is that my joystick isn't working properly..

I'm running with a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme, with the latest drivers. Win XP. Through the gaming port. Therefor I cannot use the Wingman Profiler and have to use the windows built in controller settings.

The problem isn't that the game don't find any joystick, cause it does. Also when I'm configurating the controls, I can assign a button to an action by pressing it, though not configurate the axis..

And then when I play. The axis isn't working but all the buttons! Wierd?

In the controller settings, the axis are assigned to different actions, so if it would detect any impulses from the joystick, something would happen!

I'm also running VDMSound, and I've tried it with 4axis/4but, 2ax/2but and without emulation but it won't work..

Also, the axis works in windows, but not in any game 🙁

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance 😁

I own that joystick and am willing to do any tests in Win98SE as needed. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 12, by Arn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I sorta got it to work.. I turned off all sound and then it worked.. but it's having this "rushing" to the right.. I've done the calibration and stuff.. but some time to time it rush to the right.. anyone know how to fix this? ThX

😄

Reply 5 of 12, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm curious as to why he's running it through the Game port in the first place. Does VDMSound require it? I have that same joystick (I think, mines a Wingman Extreme Digital 3D) and Logitech supplied me with a Game -> USB connector so I use that.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 9 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh heh... well, I can't believe they'd be more than a buck or two and if it solves your problem, sobeit.

Oh, and regarding the sliding-to-the-right thing, check the calibration ON the Joystick (if there is any). I remember I bought a cheap $5 piece of shit from CompUSA and it had stupid calibration things on the controller that I used to hit and have the thing go all wacky on me. The other possibility is a faulty sensor in the controller. (This happened to the steering wheel I own, rendering it pretty much useless.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 10 of 12, by Arn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah.. I'll see onto that later on this week.. I think there's a calibration problem, cause I don't have those calib things on the joystick itself, and it's working ok in other games 😉 I'll test and see if the adaptor or calibration solves the problem.. thx 😀

😄

Reply 11 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

Umm.... buy a new one? heh

I didn't know the USB-to-Gameport adapter was generic. If you're using their drivers, I thought you'd need their USB adapter too, no?

I guess we'll find out anyway from Arn. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 12 of 12, by Arn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well.. I have no idea.. if it is that I must use their adaptor if I use their drivers, then I might just use xps' drivers instead 😉 Hopefully something will work! Anyway, I'm going to put this one on ice for a while.. I even play better with mouse soo I might stick to just that instead.. or something.. Thx Anyway 😀

😄