VOGONS

First post, by TinkeringRaptor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i wanna preface this by saying that i'm really just now getting into working with retro controllers and hardware in terms of understanding the technical aspects of it all, so while emulating stuff isn't new to me whatsoever working with drivers intended for windows 95 use is a slight half-step out of my comfort zone. if i say something dumb feel free to point it out, i'm trying my best to learn!

i've been interested in potentially picking up a spaceorb 360 off ebay, especially given that even boxed ones aren't too expensive all things considered. i just think they have this bizarro quality to them that makes them stand out, and i really loved LGR's video about them. while the hardware aspects aren't confusing to me, i'm a bit curious as to whether or not people have managed to get a version of the drivers that functions with windows 10. i know originally the drivers were intended for win95, and i imagine that trying to get that to work on win10 would be hell in a handbasket. i'm familiar with the orbotron, but as far as i know the creator of that has mostly been offline due to the pandemic and life and whatnot.

i guess my question really is is this: has anyone made drivers that allow the spaceorb 360 to be read as a controller on windows 10?

i'm totally fine if this is just a purely retro-gaming console that i use on virtualbox, but it'd be neat to fuck around with it on modern games as well.