VOGONS

First post, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The PC is a HP Vectra VLi 8 MT/600. I understand that HP provides tech support, but i simply do NOT have time or money for that. Now, there is supposed to be a set of keys attached on the back of computer, but it appears that I've either misplaced or lost them!!The lock is quite sturdy the only thing I can think of is to try and "pick" the lock, but I hardly have a clue what to use in order to pick it. Of course, I am looking for a way to open it WITHOUT having to seriously damage the case itself. I doubt a locksmith has the chops for this matter nor can I probably afford one so I'd be most grateful for any help/suggestions.

Reply 1 of 10, by Banquo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually a locksmith should be able to open it in just a few seconds; however I wouldn't have a clue how much they charge. You also might be able to find a spare key on eBay; I think the HP keys were all the same.

Reply 3 of 10, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I really should give a locksmith a shot at it, as for searching eBay that became pretty much pointless as I typed in "HP Keys", "HP Key", and all that showed up were stupid keyboards. I seriously doubt there's anything there that could help me. I haven't a clue whether the keys on all HPs were the same how can I know this?

Snover wrote:

One word: Dremel 😀

One word: Expensive 😉 What product of theirs, in particular, do you have in mind?

Reply 6 of 10, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

I obsconded with a key from an HP Vectra that was brought into the shop for repair. If you want it, let me know.

Obsconded? Maybe you mean absconded? Anywho, I definitely need an HP Vectra key, so, if you got one I would appreciate it if you could send it to me. As I have not the time or patience to search through Dremel's numerous products or most anyone else's, for that matter. I am not too "tool savvy" as one would say, and am quite the tight-wad, as well.

Reply 8 of 10, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just one question first, when I send a PM to you that means it goes DIRECTLY to you in some way/form be it to your e-mail or whatever, correct? As you may be aware, I feel unsafe sending my address across the net. So, unless I am positive that when I PM my address it will go SOLELY to you I can't do anything.