VOGONS

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, yeah....I know I have enough toys but I wanted to ask if you guys thought these were any good:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.a … 53&newdeptid=18

Reviews suggest they are but I wanted to know if anyone tried them or heard good things ( 🤣 )

Reply 1 of 12, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have not heard those speakers. But I have the Logitech Z-640 speakers. For me they sound great. I really enjoy the rear channels for first person shooters. If you can, you should go to a computer store (Best Buy, or CompUSA) that have all the speakers set up and go listen and compare. That is what I did with mine. I know there are better speakers, but for the price I got something I like.

Reply 2 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

.ca = canada 😐

We do have bestbuy, but AFAIK they have very little compared to the US version.

Futureshop has a selection like that...but I always feel annoying when I touch those buttons... 😖

Reply 3 of 12, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What Best Buy has not taken over Canada as well. Actually, these days I prefer CompUSA as the employees leave you alone. Unlike BB were they ask you every 10 seconds to buy a 1 year service contract on some Duracel batteries you happen to have in your hands. Not that I am bitter. 😒

You shouldn't be afraid of testing the speakers in the store. It's about the only way to get at least some idea of what they sound like. Granted, they always sound different at home (smaller room). I kick a kick out of cranking the demo speakers up so you can hear them from the parking lot. Then if an employee asks if you need some help, just pretend you can't hear them over the speakers. 😁

Reply 4 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WHAT??

"Sir, do you need some he.."

WHAT? SPEAK UP BOY!

"You seem to be interested in those logitech speakers..."

GRIM REAPERS? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!??

🤣 I wonder if I were to spend more on speakers if they would give me more enjoyment. My current Altec Lansing 221 set is ok especially for the $50 pricetag, but I want full channel sound and more power 😁

*insert tim allen grunt*

Reply 6 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thats beyond my price range... 😖

I've read a few dozen reviews and I'm almost dead sure I want the z-5300 set. Once I play some Doom3, watch some Lord of the Rings and listen to Rob Zombie at insane listening levels I'll let you know how they fare 😁

Reply 9 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hearing is believing, my friend. And holy crap, their technical support is awesome. I had a little extra knobbie of rubber that was vibrating on one of my tweeters a while back (that I later found I could just rub off) and they sent me a free replacement satellite, no questions asked. Didn't even need to send the old one back. It's really, really worth it, for the sound quality and clarity, as well as the awesome support they provide if anything ever breaks down. (I also had the amp that drove the satellites go out in my first set and they were quick to send a replacement, including pre-paid return slip.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 12 of 12, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought the z-5300 and WOW! 🤣 They sound even better than I expected. I had a merry-go-round ride with futureshop (the dummies don't have a flipping clue...I almost got a higher brand for less money!!! too bad he scanned it though...) but once I got them home I was excited.

I popped in The Two Towers and watched the intro sequence (Gandalf fighting the balrog down the pit) and it blew me away! Every channel came out crisp and clear and man does this thing have bass! 😳

Its safe to say it's worth the money thats for sure.