VOGONS

First post, by Olmstov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey i dont' know where to post this so i'll try here
does anyone know how to get VPN working, i followed the basic directions on how to create a basic connection but for some reason i can't connect to my friends computer using his ip address, it says i need to create a server but i don't know if i did that because when it asks for a username and password to connect i don't remember making a password and what not?
can anyone help me here?

Reply 3 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The VPN that come included with XP works but it is limited to one connection at a time. Otherwise, it works quite well and it's very easy to set up.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 10, by Olmstov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah one connection is fine, but my problem is getting that one connection
i thought it was easy to set up to, i didn't have any problems with that but when you double click your connection icon it brings up a username and password, i don't remember making any of these so i don't know what to do from here?

Last edited by Olmstov on 2005-04-15, 21:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 9 of 10, by Olmstov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah i'm just trying to play a crappy dos game over the internet
and dosbox isn't cutting it, exploring other options and this one seems the best since kahn doesn't work for xp and kali won't give the trial subscription codes

Reply 10 of 10, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Funny how a question is usually badly described when first asked.... and then to describe the game as 'crappy' would lead me to consider that any help may not be worth giving...

I don't know if Windows XP Home includes VPN Server support (or what variant you are using...) but you should read this guide : http://asia.cnet.com/enterprise/netadmin/0,39 … 00223c-1,00.htm

IPX should possible (as long as it's installed/working/supported) but I've no first hand experience of tunnelling IPX packets through Microsoft's VPN solution. There is a comment on the article with regards to IPX so check it out.

And you'll have to make sure the VPN ports is forwarded through the server's router (if one is used...).