VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by Electronic Genets

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ripsaw8080 , thank for the information. I see you are one of author of DosBox. The RAC has other problem under DosBox.

Error: Current XMS driver does not support Get handle table (2f/4309).

I can prepare bug reports here (so I am blocked on sourceforge). Do you have working account on sourceforge? Probably there will be about 5 reported bugs. I also think not only game-specific problems should be repaired because it is easier to track implementation inconsistencies with many simpler applications.

BTW. I cannot use SVN version of DosBox. I use only reviewed versions from official Ubuntu tree (installed with apt-get command with standard repository). I don't want to take this risk.
I think if the SourceForge sucks during account creation, here (on vogons) should be new thread to report DosBox bugs. I think more people will report bugs here than on SourceForge.

Last edited by Electronic Genets on 2022-05-15, 16:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Author of the DINO-2e OPL2-like emulator.
DINO-2e is not OPL2 emulator.

Reply 21 of 22, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

As I mentioned, if you disable XMS and EMS in DOSBox settings then you won't get the XMS error with RAC.

I'm unaware of anyone else with problems creating an account on SourceForge, but perhaps you can contact the admins there to see what the issue is.

There is a section of the forum named "DOSBox Development", and you are welcome to post bugs/issues there. However, since you would be reporting issues in 0.74(-3) and not testing against current source, the report may be a waste of your (and others) time if the issue is already fixed.

Reply 22 of 22, by Electronic Genets

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote:

I'm unaware of anyone else with problems creating an account on SourceForge, but perhaps you can contact the admins there to see what the issue is.

Many people may have a problem, you can see from the weekly number of bugs reported on sourceforge (see pic above). It is total number not DosBox specific bugs.
Regarding "contact administrator" it is no sense and wasting of my time. I have similar problems because my e-mail provider publicly announced that he would not block Russians or Ukrainians because the most important good is freedom of speech and privacy of correspondence. I believe that my e-mail provider is absolutely right. He is being victimized now and I am not going to use a different e-mail provider on worse terms.

After contact with other "administrators" with no answer I'm not going to write on it. It is deliberate political action. Before 1st March 2022 I haven't these problems.

In days I will describe the problems in the "Development" section.

After disabling EMS and XMS the RAC doesn't report any error but the file RACDATA.RAW has only 20 bytes. No size change after playing music and after next "rac.exe s" command. Either I am doing something wrong or the application is not working properly under DosBox or doesn't support Sound Blaster (only Adlib).

Author of the DINO-2e OPL2-like emulator.
DINO-2e is not OPL2 emulator.