VOGONS

First post, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I play certain Glide games on my V2-1000-equipped legacy PC, the colors get messed up-as in what should be blue comes out red & vice versa-green seems fine, though. I've made sure the monitor cable was securely inserted, so that wasn't the issue.

The games I have this issue with:

-MechWarrior 2 OEM 3dfx Edition(with the batch file mod & early Glide drivers)
-Descent II(using the D2VOODOO.EXE-D2_3DFX does not have this problem, so I use that)

It just doesn't seem right playing one of the best-looking versions of MW2 with messed-up colors. It's also annoying when you realize that it runs much better than MW2: Mercs patched to 1.1, likely because of the use of Glide instead of D3D.

I'm currently using the FastVoodoo 4.6 drivers, but also have some 3.02.02 reference drivers ready to be installed.

Anything I forgot to mention that could help you crack this case?

EDIT: I fixed my own problem simply by remembering to use the batch file. While the game does have its proper colors now, performance seems to be cut down(likely due to downgrading the V2 to a V1 through SST variables.)

Reply 2 of 2, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

why not play descent 2 on your modern pc with the opengl patch...

I do. Only in that case I have to use Glidos, and that means HUGE FREAKING LOGO BLOCKING MY VIEW. Also, I never heard of an OpenGL patch for DII, just Glide & S3D patches.

Of course, that's why we have the source ports. They work great on the family PC.

At least now I know that I can run DII on the legacy PC in Glide, therefore anyone using that PC for some DII 1-on-1 won't be at much of a disadvantage(now all I need is a second SpaceOrb).