VOGONS

Emulating EAX in Windows 98

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by schnoots148

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello to all, I have come across a thread where a user named kjliew has gotten DSOAL working in windows 98 to get working EAX with CPU acceleration but it has been inactive for quite some time and no updates have been made. Is there a link somewhere to this specially compiled version of DSOAL, or is it still being worked on/abandoned?

Here is a link to the thread: DSOAL EAX support on QEMU Windows VM

I quote a line from the thread:

So since this can be a completely guest-side implementation (just CPU processing for EAX), perhaps it is also a great news for Marvin folks for beef-up Windows 98SE retro PCs to get EAX support from on-board AC97 audio with WDM audio drivers. No more crappy SB Live! or Audigy PCI that hog the PCI bus, especially on non-Intel chipsets PCI implementation. Not all EAX games will have EAX support from DSOAL though, YMMV.

He mentions that it could work on ac97 based chips, and if DSOAL for 98 is an actual thing I plan on getting a thin client (with 1 PCI slot, never seen one with more) that I'll populate with an fx 5500 and have EAX emulation on the software side for a tiny 98 retro pc.

I would be very interested to know the state of this project and what progress has been made on it - if nothings been done then no big deal I'll just build a normal retro pc.

Many thanks

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

kjliew is banned on these forums. You should ask on his github about this.
You may want to ask the original dev of the project if they are interested in 9x support.
Closing since the user is banned

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline