VOGONS

First post, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi there,

I am testing the 3dfx-glide emulation on dos6x/win9x with my small desktop (scenic XS).
The machine has an i815e chipset witch includes an i752 gfx-core (successor of the famous i740).
My machine is set to use up to 32MB shared RAM (512MB in total) and I have a 4MB VRAM Stick in the AGP Slot
for a (faster) framebuffer)

Because the machines have faster CPU's it's not a goot idea to put a Voodoo-card in it.
V1 does fit, V2 does not, V3-PCI would also fit but regardless what card the machine will quickly overheat.

Beside that the i752 is a capeable chip and offers 3d Performance on TNT level. D3D and OpenGL are supported.

Current setup is Win98se with DX8.

Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 1 of 3, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A Banshee PCI is the obvious chaice here. The i752 is barely faster than a V1 and does not support glide games.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 2 of 3, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote on 2023-06-19, 13:28:

A Banshee PCI is the obvious chaice here. The i752 is barely faster than a V1 and does not support glide games.

That's what the toppic is all about. Emulating early glide Games with Intel iGP on P3-1400T.

Reply 3 of 3, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I only had dgvoodoo1 1.31/1.40/1.50 but here is a bunch more to test:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/wrappers/files/G … gVoodoo/D3D7-9/

My main problem is that glide2x.dll which should be 2.43 does not work, lot's of games complain that glide 2.43 is not installed but required.
perhaps the game requires more than glide2x.dll...

My first results will be listed here soon.

Doc