VOGONS

First post, by FIN_K89i

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello i have VM on PCem whit a soket 7 mobile pentium 233mh 128mb RAM 3DFX voodoo 3 3000 sound blaster PCI 128 6gb of HDD end windows ME but Midtown Madness 2 run badly iven a low graphics why? can some one help i like this game

Reply 3 of 7, by FIN_K89i

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Hezus wrote on 2023-09-17, 15:03:

Pentium 233mmx is way too slow to play that game. You'd need a high end Pentium 2 or a decent Pentium 3 to get acceptable framerates.

ye but i cant handle a stronger processor my cpu isnt ennoug

Reply 4 of 7, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

if you like the game and just want to play it you can do so without needing emulation (check feda's response). PCEM isn't that fast (well, its good because it is emulating a lot of things but the end result isnt 'fast') and not really the ideal for playing a game from year 2000

Reply 6 of 7, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FIN_K89i wrote on 2023-09-20, 08:42:
Hezus wrote on 2023-09-17, 15:03:

Pentium 233mmx is way too slow to play that game. You'd need a high end Pentium 2 or a decent Pentium 3 to get acceptable framerates.

ye but i cant handle a stronger processor my cpu isnt ennoug

Pentium 233 MMX isn't good enough for the game, neither is your main machine fast enough to use a Pentium 2. Move the hassle away and just run the game on your native OS. Of course there's the heap issue but that shouldn't stem usually unless you are modding much.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058