Rank Newbie
Rank

I just wanted to ask pls tell me

Reply 2 of 10, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Having quickly glanced at your previous posts, I did not notice anything damaging.

If you just realized that you posted something wrong/inaccurate, just post/edit an acknowledgment and correction . We all make mistakes and owning up to them is a net plus to one's reputation/credibility, IMHO .

Reply 3 of 10, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not a big deal. posting other peoples stuff changes things.

Just be honest and nice to each other.

Last edited by PD2JK on 2023-09-30, 10:14. Edited 1 time in total.

i386 16 ⇒ i486 DX4 100 ⇒ Pentium MMX 200 ⇒ Athlon Orion 700 | TB 1000 ⇒ AthlonXP 1700+ ⇒ Opteron 165 ⇒ Dual Opteron 856

Reply 4 of 10, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Of the visible post of yours, I haven't seen anything wrong. If anything, just be respectful and do acknowledge the mistakes when it happens.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 5 of 10, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What happened to your second account where you started to post about you successfully running windows 8 with 10 year old pictures taken from a totally different forum?

To start a carreer here with just made up things isnt a really good start may i say. And then creating a second account to do exactly the same thing... I dont know man...

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 6 of 10, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does the question really matter? It's not social media or a place to just show your stuff off. If you do something unbelievable or new, people will ask for explanations.

You are not doing witchcraft, so people don't care if they have to believe by what you show. Everything will demand an explanation of some sort.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 7 of 10, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Posting other people's stuff and showing it off as your own and making several accounts.

Yes your reputation is ruined.

edit: Also
WRT Re: win 7 on pentum ll 266,128Mb ram

here's a post from 2009 with the same image. https://www.pcworld.com/article/523693/window … _a_new_low.html

Last edited by weedeewee on 2023-09-30, 08:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 8 of 10, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DerBaum wrote on 2023-09-29, 23:25:

What happened to your second account where you started to post about you successfully running windows 8 with 10 year old pictures taken from a totally different forum?

To start a carreer here with just made up things isnt a really good start may i say. And then creating a second account to do exactly the same thing... I dont know man...

Smh.

Someone was claiming to have a super upgraded laptop the other day that ended up being fake. Forget who that was. Was that OP?

If not there seems to be a pattern recently.

It’s a pretty lame joke, in the past we have for the most part been able to believe claims by members here. I hope that isn’t changing.

There are good ways to do retro humor. Remember that fake super ultra big video card? Lol

At OP,

It’s best to not make false claims/hoaxes here. It isn’t usually received well.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 9 of 10, by ElectroSoldier

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Only with those who are wise or think theyre wise to something you did.
Forums like this give you a veil of anonymity that can be useful for people who might have transgressed the rules of the group.

I wouldnt lose to much sleep over it all even if its true.
I dont know if its true, I dont know who you are nor remember any of your posts without looking at your profile, which Im not going to do because youre not interesting enough to me to warrant bothering.

Reply 10 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

ban evasion is a sure thing to get banned again and get a bad reputation.

-> banned again.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper