VOGONS

Reply 21 of 25, by swedenessen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feda wrote on 2023-11-06, 21:01:

Damn, that looks nice. I love pre-rendered isometric graphics like this, reminds me of Sanitarium. Wish there was an English version.

Me too! A lot of swedish games are designed like this.
This game, Henry Sinclair, was actually supposed to be part 1 in a trilogy, but due to low reviews and lack of interest (and bugs, the game was far from finished!) there were never any sequels made.
I've never played the game since yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good.
But as you said, too bad there wasn't an english version, I think it would've sold pretty fine international 😀

Reply 22 of 25, by superfury

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jo22 wrote on 2023-11-06, 12:29:
feda wrote on 2023-11-05, 17:51:
Jo22 wrote on 2023-11-05, 17:42:
Hi there, you made curious, so I've searched for the game and found a photo of the game case (DVD box).. On the back, way down […]
Show full quote

Hi there, you made curious, so I've searched for the game and found a photo of the game case (DVD box)..
On the back, way down at the bottom, there's the QuickTime logo.
So maybe the game uses QuickTime technology. Maybe it's just for the cut scenes, but maybe it's also using the venerable "QuickTime VR" technology.
You know, the technology used in the original Myst release.

The QT requirement is apparently only for the Mac version:
https://www.kaptenkrok.se/wp-content/uploads/ … 1/PCS1882_2.jpg

My bad, I had trouble reading the Hollandic (?) description. 😅

It's not in Dutch at least. Perhaps Swedish or one of it's neighbors from what I can see?

Author of the UniPCemu emulator.
UniPCemu Git repository
UniPCemu for Android, Windows, PSP, Vita and Switch on itch.io

Reply 23 of 25, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
superfury wrote on 2023-12-12, 22:08:

It's not in Dutch at least. Perhaps Swedish or one of it's neighbors from what I can see?

Hi, I think you're right, it's rather not Dutch.

According to Google Translator it might be Swedish, indeed.

Because, the line "Vad var det för vannsinig varelse som höll henne fängen här." made more sense to me in Swedish.

(^using German, it seems to reads like "What was that for a crazy(?) thing from hell have holding/captured her.)

In Swedish mode, Google says "What deranged creature was holding her captive here."

In Norwegian mode, Google says "What kind of watery creature was holding her captive here."

In Danish mode, Google says "What kind of watery creature was it that held her prisoner here."

In Dutch/Netherlandic/Hollandic mode, however, Google says "From now on you will always be happy with your hair." 😂

(^I wonder if Flemish is part of that translation mode, btw.)

So yes, I think it's Swedish. Or a very related language (some countries use two or more, depending on the region).
To be honest, I wasn't sure what it was, either. 🤷‍♂️

The reason I made that comment originally was because it was meant as a little side blow.
Because, I thought that the, um, relationship between Dutch/Swedish is a bit like German/Austrian.
So mistaking one for another is funny. 😁
Ok, I have a weird humor. Sorry. 😔

Edit: Technically, Norway/Sweden are more of rivals, of course, since they're so next to each others.
But since the Netherlands (Holland) is closer to my place, it came to mind first, I suppose.

Edit: Sorry for the long posting, also. I really didn't mean to annoy you.
It's just difficult to me to explain myself properly in short sentences.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 24 of 25, by feda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good god, people, are you dense???
OP repeatedly states that it's a Swedish game, his name starts with sweden, he links to an .se website and to his mega-swedish-branded youtube channel.
Try reading the thread instead of typing all this bollocks.

Reply 25 of 25, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Relax man, take it easy. Ey. 😂

Edit: Also, superfury wasn't wrong. He literally told me it seems Swedish.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//