VOGONS

First post, by MickYayger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I am emulating PCem windows 98. When I try I get this message "The Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility requires a supported chipset platform running on a supported operating system..." I have no idea why this is appearing. I grabbed Intel Chipset Driver 3.20.1008 (although I did try all of the ones available). I am running PCem win98SE. My machine: Shuttle HOT - 557 and for my CPU I have intel chip Mobile Pentium MMX 233 selected. Would anyone know why this isn't working? I followed a tutorial and I am stuck at this part 🙁

Reply 2 of 2, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The reason why you can't install the driver is because it requires the PIIX4 southbridge as minimum, which for Socket 7 motherboards it only applies to the 430TX chipset like leileilol said.

It is totally unnecessary to do that with older Intel chipsets prior the 430TX anyway as Windows 98 does come with working drivers that supports single and multi-word DMA (not UDMA) for IDE drives.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS