VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I wasn't sure if I should ask this here or in the Video forum, though it concerns CRT shaders which are usually related to emulation. Phil's Computer Lab has a great video concerning Dosbox Staging and CRT shaders which closely resemble and actual CRT. Unfortunately, these shaders are incompatible with 86box. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a video capture device with an OSSC to connect a retro PC like a 486 to a modern PC, and utilize a shader on the video capture window? I am finding that the biggest challenge with retro computing is the CRT display, what with them either dying, hard to find, or expensive (and then dying, as is the case with the "NOS" 19 inch KDS that crapped out in two weeks.) If we could utilize a shader on a main PC to emulate a CRT with some sort of way to run a retro machine through the main PC, that could be a decent solution.

Scythifuge

Reply 2 of 2, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GloriousCow wrote on 2024-01-11, 03:07:

There's always ShaderGlass: https://github.com/mausimus/ShaderGlass.

Wow! Thank you! That is awesome. Now I need to research the best way to get my OSSC/486 to output into my main PC. Thanks again!