VOGONS

First post, by FIN_K89i

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello i have a problem whit my ms-dos 3.30 machine on PCem so i dont know how to setup the italian keyboard is realy anoyng typing like this also my machine dosent remember the time

Reply 2 of 7, by FIN_K89i

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GloriousCow wrote on 2024-02-01, 02:08:

try this
KEYB IT,850 C:\DOS\KEYBOARD.SYS

these aren't really emulation-related questions you've been asking...

ye i know but where i can ask? also the command didnt work

Reply 3 of 7, by GloriousCow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FIN_K89i wrote on 2024-02-01, 14:35:

ye i know but where i can ask? also the command didnt work

Please learn how to be helped - don't just say something "didn't work" - explain: was there an error message? did it return the dos prompt but appear to do nothing? what happened when you ran it?

MartyPC: A cycle-accurate IBM PC/XT emulator | https://github.com/dbalsom/martypc

Reply 4 of 7, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some old MS-DOS (I remember it from an Amstrad PC-1512 floppies, but that was MS-DOS 3.20) does NOT have the keyb comand. They have a keybxx command for every language supported. So it would be keybuk (UK keyboard), keybsp (spanish), keybit (italian)...

Do a dir keyb*.* to find which ones are present on your DOS. If you don't have an italian one, get the DOS floppies from an italian computer (maybe from an Olivetti?).

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 6 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Zup wrote on 2024-02-02, 05:59:

Some old MS-DOS (I remember it from an Amstrad PC-1512 floppies, but that was MS-DOS 3.20) does NOT have the keyb comand. They have a keybxx command for every language supported. So it would be keybuk (UK keyboard), keybsp (spanish), keybit (italian)...

That's how I remember it, too.

There are also third-party keyboard drivers of just ~500 Byte of size.
They were being spread via public domain disks, mailbox systems, CompuServe, Shareware CDs etc.
Maybe Hobbes or a similar site has such drivers in its library.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 7 of 7, by GloriousCow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Zup wrote on 2024-02-02, 05:59:

That's fine, but the version of DOS was specified as 3.30 and it does have the keyb command. I tested it before replying.

MartyPC: A cycle-accurate IBM PC/XT emulator | https://github.com/dbalsom/martypc