VOGONS

86Box, Twisted Metal (PC), and Stretched Rendering - Any thoughts?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Pr3tty F1y

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I've been having a ton of fun setting up 86Box ever since learning about it a few days ago. I'm currently running a Pentium II 333mhz, 128mb ram, Voodoo 3 3000, SB AWE 64 Gold with Windows 98 and Directx 9.0c installed.

I've had a few hiccups, but everything mostly works. Twisted Metal was a bit of a pain to install. I assumed this is/was due to it being a Japan region game. Thankfully, due to another post on this forum, I was able to track down a generic InstallShield installer for InstallShield 2 and it was able to get around the DLL error I was getting with the Redump version of the Twisted Metal image: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … eric-installer/

Unfortunately, after I got everything installed, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the resolution and/or convince Twisted Metal to not run with the graphics vertically stretched beyond the bounds of the screen:
TM-streched.png

Interestingly, videos run in the proper aspect ratio:
TM-video-OK.png

With this being PC emulation, I figure this could be a bug with the video emulation, it could be something regarding my setup environment/OS, or it could be something completely different. I'm just out of ideas, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Closed
So called "abandonware" not supported here.
Look for support from where you downloaded the game or the 86box site if they support so called abandonware.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline