VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I bought this game when it first came out primarily because the Fallout games were so good....

So I played the game up until the first town and forced myself to do everything in the first town and then quit....I say forced because I was practically bored to tears and I really did not feel like playing this game.....

Fast forward to 2006 and I load the game up again and start from the beginning. Nothing has changed. This game still bores me.

Most of the reviews I read people are complaining about the interface and graphics. I do admit that the inteface isn't that great but the graphics don't bother me at all.....the implementation of the game seem terrible and does not interest me whatsoever. Whereas with the Fallout games I could not put them down...I was hooked from start to finish.....

Is there something the matter with me? Am I insane?

This game is about to go back into my CD case never to be touched again except for compatibility testing....too bad because I really wanted to like it too.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had the same experience. Actually it was coupled with frustration resulting from not being able to leave the first town due to having not specialized in any one skill enough to get past the goons guarding the exit.

I've occasionally felt guilty for putting it down so quickly, given that I also consider Fallout 1 & 2 to be some of the best RPGs of all time. Your post has assuaged my guilt, however 😀

The same could be said of the other Troika games I tried: Temple of Elemental Evil I only played for a few minutes on a friend's computer. I heard that large sections of the game were unfinished. Vampire: Bloodlines I enjoyed, but it was very obvious that the version of the Half-Life 2 engine used was totally unoptimized, and I put it down fairly late in the game when I got to a new area and didn't feel like tackling a bunch of new quests. Troika went out of business shortly after that.

Reply 3 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I finished Arcanum a lot time ago. I didn't dislike it but both Fallout games were A LOT better. I also finished Vampire:Bloodlines (as a Nosferatu) and I liked it as a true RPG. But I do really hate HL2 engine. It sucks.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)