VOGONS

First post, by InfectiousFight

User metadata

I just love this golden oldie, and I was actually considering partitioning off a section of my external hard drive, formatting it to FAT, and installing DOS there when I found out about this program.
It works fine, but I do have a few issues with it (Earthsiege-related)
I installed it from the CD version, which has all of the speech, by the way.
Anyway, the options to turn on sound, music, and speech are all grayed out, as if I didn't have a sound card capable of doing it.
And second, part of my joystick setup doesn't work. I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, and the joystick works fine, but the throttle and rudder pedals don't. I never played it in original versions of windows with a throttle and rudder, but my dad did (he likes the game also, I'm gonna show him Earthsiege2 and Starsiege) and his throttle and pedals worked.

Reply 2 of 3, by InfectiousFight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the sound to run by turning off Gravis Ultrasound Emulation, but the intro still doesn't play full-motion video (it says it will if you have the CD-ROM inserted. I would know, I played it all the time when I had 98SE.) Is there something very specific I have to do when mounting CD-ROM drives?

Reply 3 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
InfectiousFight wrote:

And second, part of my joystick setup doesn't work. I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, and the joystick works fine, but the throttle and rudder pedals don't.

Not sure about your sound problem, but I know what happens with your HOTAS setup: IIRC when you're using USB joystick, DOSBOX will always detect it as plain two-button joystick, so no wonder the throttle and rudder pedals don't work.