VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How do I get Myst and many other low rez windows games to be fullscreen? I tried the "Run in 640x480" option but it doesn't work considering that myst stretches the window to the full size which fakes windows to believe the 640 mode is not needed. Is there any way to *force* XP to switch to 640 when running myst etc?

Reply 1 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Depends on your card, its driver, and add-ons.

I think NVIDIA nView drivers allows you to configure different profiles that is automatically loaded when a given program is launched.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does it? I thought nView was only for dual displays? You mean it has auto-resolution switching profiles? I'll try it out later. 😀 If thats true then TGIN! 🤣

What about older computers with ATI cards like the rage 128? Is there a way to do it without changing displays manually?

I only ask because myst and some games like Frankenstien through the eyes of the monster are so tiny on higher resolutions. I usually just go down to 800x600 but thats a pain (and still isn't as big as 640)

Maybe there is a utility? I'll search and let you know.

Reply 3 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://www.nvidia.com/object/profiles.html

Application profiles, part of the NVIDIA® ForceWare™ graphics driver, allow you to quickly create custom image quality and performance profiles for all of your games and applications. For instance, you may wish to run the latest car racing game at the highest levels of image quality for antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. Or you may to run your favorite action game at the highest speed possible. You can even set global settings for all of your applications.

With NVIDIA’s graphics profiles you can easily manage all of your games and applications. Once you have set up a profile, it will automatically change the settings when you launch the application for that profile.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Minimax, I knew about that panel..but there isn't an option for resolution just details/refresh rates.

I'll try that collector, I also found a few of my own. I'll tell you which works best once I try them. 🤑

Reply 6 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

else get the cvs of dosbox
run win 3.11 for workgroups in 800x600x256 inside it
run the game inside that one 😀

Not sure if it works but there are some reports of some windows games working.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used this: http://www.12noon.com/reschange.htm

It works just how I need it! 😁 Very nice! Now I can play the games full screen with 8 bit (256) colours.